Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BruJan Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 10:49 PM
    Serpent worship
    What is the biblical basis for sects who believe in serpent worship?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 04:55 AM
    There is not any biblical basis for serpent "worship".

If you are speaking of the snake handlers like these folk, then the reference they cite for what they do is Mark 16:18: "they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them".
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 10, 2006, 10:31 PM
    There are some rarer cases in which some claim to ingest amounts of arsenic unharmed as well, though this is far less common. Though seemingly somewhat rare, nevertheless, I believe deaths have been reported as of snake handling in these acts.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2006, 12:20 AM
    If you really want to get deep into why people worship serpents or reptilians, read David Icke. He explains why there are so many statues with snakes and reptile on them from Egypt and other places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If God were not almighty, would you still worship him? [ 16 Answers ]

I ask this question because I'm interested in the opinions of others. I often hear people speaking about God's almightiness in a very admiring way. But suppose he were mightier than all other beings but not almighty? Would he still deserve our worship? I'll give my own opinion after some have...

How should Christians worship God? [ 23 Answers ]

Do you view Christian worship as an activity only for Sunday and maybe a few special holidays? Perhaps as a formal set of actions and prayers repeated during a service in your house of worship? It's interesting that the Bible does not give a strict definition of worship. Although many view it...

View more questions Search