Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard Shaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Finding Information about an oil painting
    I have an oil painting I need to identify the name and artist which I am attaching.
    Attached Images

catart Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Send me an image of the front and rear of the painting, along with the picture size, and any history that you might have. I'll review and research it for you without any cost. I do this on a regular basis and the first work of art I do for you is free. Thank you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 02:14 AM
    Originally Posted by catart

Send me an image of the front and rear of the painting, along with the picture size, and any history that you might have. I'll review and research it for you without any cost. I do this on a regular basis and the first work of art I do for you is free. Thank you.
    I'm glad that you are volunteering your services in identifying paintings. Also, please note that the original poster, Richard Shaw, has not so much as logged onto this site since November 9, 2006 at 05:47 P.M. It does take awhile to learn how to use this site.

Also please note, that images can, and are preferred to be posted on the threads of the original questions so that others might also benefit from the answers that are given.

I'm glad that this is a site that is set up so that people who are knowledgeable about certain subjects can volunteer their time here to answer questions without advertising within a post that they can directly help a poster outside of the confines of this site with answering questions, and without the thought of personal financial gain by the person who is responding to the questions. That's part of what makes this site great! Free answers by experts!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil Painting [ 4 Answers ]

I Have an oil painting and can't read the bottom of the name of the artist. It depicts a man sitting at a table praying with glasses on his bible and a apple,bread I think and a bowl of soup. Does anyone know what this painting may be of or who could I ask to give me a value, if it has one.

Painting [ 3 Answers ]

Can I apint on treated wood?

Commercial oil-based v.s artist's oil paint [ 1 Answers ]

I am painting on interior brick, already painted with oil-base commercial and wish to use commercial oil-base paint because I think it is more durable than artist's paints, i.e. dusted, perhaps even washed. Is there something I can use to thicken it, thus allowing it to work more like artist's...

View more questions Search