Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kburnt86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 05:41 AM
    1st offense, 1st degree theft
    I have been my worst enemy. I thought I could believe what was told me and talk to the police and everything would be taken care of. My employer went into the hospital, his daughter in law spoke with me, stateing that my employer was dying, this of course upset me and I assumed from the conversation and her telling the safe was open, not to worry about being paid that I was to get my pay and her husband would be over to close up. I cleaned as instructed and waited. It got late so I went home. Her husband showed up hours later and let me know his dad was still alive. We cried and hugged and he left. When my employer returned home I tried to bring the matter up and he stated he was not up to it. At this time I only had 3 weeks of employment left(He was going to rest home because of pain meds and health problems) and to wait until then when he was stronger. I agreed of course. Son and wife went to Mexico, other daughter came to visit, he had other company too during my last month of employment. No problems were ever mentioned. Then on the 28th the d-i-law called me accusing me of taking money, more than than wages-500.00 and jewellery too. I asked to speak with my employer and she refused. The next day he called and asked me to come and work on Monday and we would discuss the matter. I took the blame-did not want to upset him any further by telling all the mean things the d-i-law had said up to telling to get my pay. He asked for me to put in writing what happened and aplologize. I did so as he mentioned his insurance and the police! Then the police called me and I still thought I could clear this up by telling the truth. Was charged with stealing 8,000.00 and jewellery. I told them most of what happened, was asked to take a lie detector test, said yes (never happened), no one came and searched my home. Now I'm have charges and court. The paperwork says the money was taken between dec 2008 to march 2009. The d-i-law denies even talking to me on the night in question. My court appt attorney has not done much, to date I have not actually met him-I've been calling in as ordered-and have spoke with him 2 times, I have court (3 time) pretrial I believe, with real court on dec 15. How can this happen. I am willing to take the blame for my stupidity and for the money I took, but the rest is not true. What can/should I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kburnt86 View Post
    I am willing to take the blame for my stupidity and for the money I took, but the rest is not true. What can/should I do?
    Hello k:

There isn't much you can do now... Listen to your lawyer, and don't talk to the cops.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 year old charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery what will [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery for finding a debit card and buying 3 items in Bridgewater Commons Mall New Jersey that I believe came up to $300 I used credit and had to sigh the receipt I didn't use my name but the name on the card. I was brought to the police...

Second theft 2 offense [ 3 Answers ]

I was cited for shoplifting in 2005 went to court and they gave me house arrest, theft therapy, and a fine. Last week I went to Safeway and was cited for shoplifting under $250 theft 2 and I am to appear in court next week I live in Oregon. I have not had a job in 7 months and I am on medication...

First offense theft under 16 yrs old? [ 3 Answers ]

I got caught stealing over 100 dollars of stuff, was supposed to pay a fine, but didn't. This was over a year ago, and nobody has called me or mailed me telling me to pay the fine. I was under 16 when it happened, and it was my first offense. I am now trying to get a job and am worried they may do...

Second offense but different theft [ 8 Answers ]

My first offense was about 1000 with court cost judge gave me restituion and plus they got the laptop back. Recently at my job for year,I needed another shirt for my job,but forgot to pay for it.it was $9.99.now want to say iwas shoplifting what do you think the judge will do.Since thi is a...

View more questions Search