Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 03:27 AM
    Drive A problem
    Hi
    I have problem with drive A
    The computer detect the drive a and it give raedy to use, drive a icon present in my computer but when I try to work on floppy drive ,by duble click drive a it give "please insert disk in drive A:" set up is Ok ,CAble is Ok, the flopy drive (hard wear ) is Ok it works in other computer .
    Using win sp2,
    P4,2.6 motherboard Asrock Pi56VG
    Can any body help .
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2006, 08:28 AM
    If the cables are properly seated you may need to replace the drive.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Nov 9, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Howdy:

Just an addendum to Scott's answer, but did you format the floppy in the WinXP system?

For some strange reason, XP doesn't like floppies that were formatted in anything other than an XP system.. preferably the one you will be reading from..

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Problem with Disc Drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, there. My Disc Drive (CD Rom drive, whatever it's called) won't open. I click the button that I normally do to open it and put a CD in, and all it does is flash a red light and not open. (truly irritating) My friend said there should be a hole to slip in something like a paper clip to...

Hard drive problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a Pentium II,333MHZ and am trying to install a 40GB hard drive. It gets detected as slave no problem but when I set the jumper to master it doesn't get detected as master. On boot up I get a message saying there is no primary master. The system knows it's there and recognizes the full 40...

Cd-rw drive [ 8 Answers ]

Sharon, hi, OK, now is the blank CD-RW disk you are using a new blank disk, one that you have never used before? I know this sounds very obvious, but there were many times where I did not label the cd-r or cd-rw disk I just recorded something to, only to accidentally put it back into the drive by...

View more questions Search