Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    CAROLJESTERKIL Posts: 16, Reputation: 3
    New Member

    Nov 18, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Child name change
    My son has my maiden name, the father wants him to have his last name he goes to court on Dec 4th 2009 and I'm wondering do I need to be in court as well for him to change our sons' name. He is not on the birth certificate
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,701, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Nov 18, 2009, 05:30 PM

    Yes you should be there unless you don't object to his name going by the fathers last name and not yours. Other then that if you want to keep yours also then you might want to ask that it be hyphened so both names can be included. If you don't show then you have no representation and it will be his way only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Child last name change [ 1 Answers ]

I live in fesno, California and I would like to add my last name to my two older son's Birth certificate can I do this and how would I go about doing it

Change name of my child [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 7 years old. He hasn't seen or heard from his father in almost 2 years. He has been asking me and my family if he can change his last name to my last name. How do I go about doing this? What does it involve? What are the costs?

My child wants to change her last name [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 17 and her biological father has not been in her life for at least 8 years. She wants to change her last name to my current husbands last name, he is the only father she has ever really had. She wants to change her name before she graduates or gets her licence. I don't have much...

Child name change [ 1 Answers ]

Never mind

View more questions Search