Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Afghanistan is just a yawn
    It seems Afghanistan is such an unexciting subject these days that it puts politicians to sleep.
    Victorian MP Fran Bailey sleeps through Edinburgh NATO assembly | World News | News.com.au
    Perhaps this is why Obama has such difficulty making a decision?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 02:34 PM
    He had to suspend his decision making while he learned the deep bow grovel . You will find that our President has a short attention span and backs away from things he can't have an instant impact on. Basically he is Peter Principle in practice. His expertise is in the campaign ;not in the governance.

The Rudd Government has consistently called on NATO countries to boost their efforts in Afghanistan before Australia considers supplying more troops to fight the Taliban.
    Can't say I blame him . The NATO commitment has been token at best. Of course if they actually knew what direction the strategy would take maybe there would be more enthusiasm.
    Perhaps now that Copenhagen is a bust a decision can be reached on the more important decisions of our times.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Perhaps now that Copenhagen is a bust a decision can be reached on the more important decisions of our times.
    Sorry, Tom, I'm not sure what you mean about more important decisions; Could it be you think Afghanistan is more important than climate change? I found it interesting today that the leader of the Pakistan Taliban (Swat region) had said he has reestablished himself in Afghanistan while Mullah Omar and OBL reestablished themselves in Pakistan. It's time to go, they are not serious in that part of the world. Or do you think a heightened US presence in Columbia is more important so you can threaten Chavez?

Lets see if we can rank these more important decisions

regime change in NK
    regime change in Iran
    Change in value of the Wan
    Nuclear disarmanent
    Leaving Iraq
    reduction in US poverty
    reduction in third world poverty
    reduction in US Stimulus
    reduction in vehicle emissions/ fuel consumption

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Afghanistan and the General [ 30 Answers ]

Hello again: Health care is Obama's Waterloo. Afghanistan is ours. Frankly, considering that, I think a bit of dithering IS in order... What do you think he'll do? Will he withdraw, take the middle ground, or will he become a Nobel Peace Prize winning war time president? But, before you...

Afghanistan - time to go! [ 164 Answers ]

Hello: I am a Vietnam war veteran. I was a supporter of that war until one serendipitous moment in 1968. I was watching the news one night. First they showed the body count. Then they nonchalantly discussed the SHAPE of the table they were going to sit it... whilst my brothers were being...

Afghanistan [ 26 Answers ]

Let's say we were to go ahead with the Democrats idea of moving 150,000 troops from Iraq to fight in Afghanistan . Then we lose Pakistan's cooperation in the effort . Afghanistan is land locked with Pakistan and Iran owning the direct routes from the nearest ocean . Currently 75 percent of all...

View more questions Search