Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 17, 2009, 06:43 PM
    OK so I'm going to try the hydroquinone 4%. And retin A
    Ok so as an update... for newbies or curious. I guess I'm a bit of a lightening vet too... but I haven't tried too many products. I had been using the Diana Stadler Papaya and licorice soaps (Papaya in the morning, licorice at night) for two years now... in order to get rid of a farmer's tan and some sun induced "Blackies" LOL (Just for that you know you weren't that dark a few years ago feeling) with great success and It faded completely in 6 months or so... (Mind you I have resistant skin color... not dark).. but I just don't even scar very much... and I've literally scraped some places down to the white meat LOL.. and it got back even to my skin to the point you can barely tell. After this experience. I grew an interest in skin lightening.. I guess it's like tatoos... it's addictive.. and due to certain social changes in my life.. and weird imposed cultural ignorances, I decided lightening may improve my situation a bit (if any of you catch my drift)...

... Alpha arbutin homemade cream at 7% and then 12% for about 6 months, to a year... and avoided getting any darker but no lightening so I can only assume that this is my natural skin tone without sun influnece or hormoneal stuff etc... (cause I also had a bit of melasma from Birth control pills.)

I recently about 2 months ago upped my Alpha rbutin cream percentage to 15%... and for a month I've had some Hey I'm light days, then some.. oh gosh... what happened? Days and my face broke out like I look like a teenager... LOL anyone say puberty face?. SO I upped it 1 month ago to 20% and have incorporated some retin a 0.1%... about a tube and a half in 12 oz of cream... and apply it straight on my face to remove the acne...

After some moderate peeling of my face and redness.. OH MY GOD... my face is darker and red, but pretty much everything looks the same... besides my face.. which is darker and red and peeling :( and my body has not had any peeling... nor darkening, but no lightening either... I am going to add more retin A to my cream cause I'm one of those people that needs to feel it to know it's working.. so we'll see...

Forgot to mention, I'm still always using the Papaya and licorice soaps...

But I have decideed to give HQ 4% with retin A try... I don't think it will lighten me significantly, from what I've read... (Thanks all for all the other posts and info, but at least I know it will make a difference.. maybe combined with the other things I'm using it will be better but I will try and keep you all posted...

For the record, I am looking to lighten rather slowly because I really don't want the shock factor from family and such... I come from a family where this is a NO NO, and the light people tan to look browner... and get curly perms to be more ethnic... guess everyone wants what they don't have... LOL

So since I'm statring from my natural color, I consider this now square one... and if it works well I will definitely post up recipes, and instructions for you all...
    jganer Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:51 PM
    How do you make your Alpha arbutin homemade cream
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 18, 2009, 01:11 AM
    Boricua1 if you do use the hq/ra routine please discontinue the other creams, your really overloading your skin with too many actives which can darken instead of lighten.

Going slow and steady is the key because you want it to look as natural as possible, going too fast will give you that "bleached out" look and that ain't cute!

You'll like the HQ 4% with retin A regime. I mixed mine together in a small jar. I love retin a!! It really helps the lightening ingredients penetrate deeper. I switching up from using my mixer of Far and Flawless/retin a. After a while I'll go back.
    haiji Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2009, 04:11 PM

nikkicute what percentage of retin-a you used I'am using 0.1%and I was peeling at first with no redness,and I started to look a little dark is that normal.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 11:59 PM
    I agree with Nikki, I felt my face was lightening too fast from the hq/ra so now I have beeb using the hq/ra once at night and even everyother night. Because when I look in the mirror I notice I'm getting lighter, which I am so thankful for, but now I know I can have more control over it and I want it to look very natural and ease into lightening more and more so people will be more adapted to the new look since it's coming more slowly, but not too slowly. Much luck Boricua.

Nov 19, 2009, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by haiji View Post
    nikkicute what percentage of retin-a you used i'am using 0.1%and i was peeling at first with no redness,and i started to look a little dark is that normal.
    That's the one I use, I went straight to the highest strength.
    I peeled to with no redness and did not get darker. Sometimes I used it alone and sometimes mixed with Fair and Flawless. My skin just became real smooth and lighter the more I used it. Maybe you should a lesser strength.

Nov 19, 2009, 09:42 AM

Now this morning I wash my face with the kojic acid soap,now I'am appear to look brighter now,I guess the retin-a 0.1%was cause the dead skin cells to peel of my face and neck,I think that why I appeared to be one shade dark,now I look bright,and I notice now I had a line on my neck and it going away,retin-a some good stuff,I love it...

Nov 19, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Lol Now you love it huh! Isn't it great?
    Glad your seeing progress.
    I don't know if I could use Retin A and Kojic Acid soap unless I wash my face quick! Does it sting?

Nov 19, 2009, 12:34 PM

Sometimes,the kojic acid soap stings like I wash my face with it like over 30 seconds,I'am so in love with that soap,awesome,I use to wet my face and neck and I put the kojic acid soap on,and leave it one like a 1-3mins,but I stop that cheeks started to get so red,and my face be like flushing,but it a great powerful soap.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 07:51 PM
    I'm now using papaya soap 2-3 times a week and I leave it on for only about 20-25 seconds, because my skin will burn too much and be red.

Nov 21, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jganer View Post
    how do you make your Alpha arbutin homemade cream
    Buy the powder active and mix with fast absorption lotion... using an immersion blender... that's it...

Nov 21, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Boricua1 if you do use the hq/ra routine please discontinue the other creams, your really overloading your skin with too many actives which can darken instead of lighten.

Going slow and steady is the key because you want it to look as natural as possible, going too fast will give you that "bleached out" look and that ain't cute!!

You'll like the HQ 4% with retin A regime. I mixed mine together in a small jar. I love retin a !!! It really helps the lightening ingredients penetrate deeper. I switching up from using my mixer of Far and Flawless/retin a. After a while I'll go back.
    Thanks for the advice, I plan on using the HQ to lighten and after a few months then use the arbutin to maintain... but not together..
    sheytooon2049 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 11:57 AM

Where are you guys getting this authentic hydroquinone 4%? Please tell me :)
    Thanks
    sheytooon2049 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 04:33 PM

Thanks hun!
    johnaton1975 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MAHARANI
    https://www.alldaychemist.com/search...y=hydroquinone

https://www.alldaychemist.com/448__Tretinoin-

This is for the ordering of hydroquinone 4% and Retin A.

Mar 13, 2010, 07:50 AM
    Yeah that's good for BULK purchases, because the shipping on all orders is a flat rate fee of what? $25

You can purchase the same products from SuperSkinStore at the site Sell.com it's the same products except you can purchase one tube at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retin A [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone who has used Retin A topical cream seen any good results for Acne? How long did it take for you to see these results and did it make your face red and peely?

Is this the TRUTH about Hydroquinone? Is it going to be BANNED? [ 9 Answers ]

Hydroquinone Cream - The Truth Revealed "There has been some controversy surrounding this powerful ingredient. In the US, hydroquinone 2% concentration and below is available over-the-counter. Hydroquinone 4% cream is a popular strength found in prescription versions. I’ve researched various...

She's going to turn 16 and I'm going to turn 18 three days after is this illegal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Like the heading says. She's going to be 16 and I'm going to be 18 is this illegal to date. Are we able to do things like hug or kiss? Please help.

Retin A [ 3 Answers ]

Is retin a good to use for clearing up acne and lightening up the skin alone? Recently I started using it along with obagi and my skin is starting to look much better, clearer and lighter. But obagi is expensive and when I run out I was wondering if retin a alone would be good enough to use to...

View more questions Search