Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwebb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Hot water in main bath turns cold after first shower
    I have 1.5 baths and every morning after my daughter takes her shower it's my turn and I'm getting in to cold water. This just started about a year or so ago. I've turned up my hot water heater to max that won't cause any problems but I'm still taking a practically cold shower every morning.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 12:22 PM

How big is your water heater ? How far away is it from the shower ? What kind/type/brand of shower head do you have ? Does it get very cold in your area ?
    rene6721 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 12:46 AM
    I just took a shower I left the water running about 5min and still hot, when I just went in the shower another 5mins the hot water was just cold nor warm and the boiler is outside the house, inside a storage like 10'ft of the house.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 08:23 AM

HI Rene...

Please start your own question as a new thread back at the main plumbing page, OK?

Give us more information, like is this a storage tank system with boiler or is this a tankless coil attached to a boiler? More info. Gets a better answer... ;)

Thanks... Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in master bath;scortching hot everywhere else. [ 2 Answers ]

OK here is my dilema.. I just purchased a newly built home. We are the 1st owners and everything was brand new.. appliances, furnace boiler etc; I have scortching hot water everywhere but my master bath. I have 2 flrs and 2 full baths. Bathroom on 1st floor has hot water enough to fog up...

Low hot/cold water pressure with well? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a small house with a well. In recent weeks the water pressure to the house has dropped substantially. This is true for both the hot and cold water, and occurs at all taps faucets etc. At this point if you turn on a fuacet in one part of the house water flow to other facilities, shower,...

Hot water trickles while cold water is normal [ 6 Answers ]

Hot water trickles (not enough pressure to force out of shower head) while cold water is normal from American Standard single handle bathtub faucet

Forced Hot Water baseboard COLD COLD [ 7 Answers ]

I have forced hot water baseboard heat. My two upstairs baseboards are cold when heat is fine in the rest of the lower house. I beld the unit and still it's cold. I pulled at least 2 quarts of water out but no air at all. Any sugesstions on what to do next. Thanks

Hot water in Shower for 2 minutes turns to cold afer. [ 8 Answers ]

We live in a house that is about 30 years old. When we go to take a shower, the water is not hot. It does not even stay lukewarm sometimes. The coil will get hot when you turn on the hot water for a few seconds, then goes cold as if cold water is running through it. What should we do? Using our...

View more questions Search