Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cupcake2435 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2004, 09:52 PM
    Hydraulic system
    If a piston at one end of a hydraulic system filled with an incompressible liquid is pushed inward, describe what is experienced by the tubing connecting it to the piston at the other end and by the second piston itself, if the 2nd piston is
    A) allowed to move
    B) not allowed to move

The tires on the moon buggy were inflated before takeoff for the moon to their rated pressure of 30psi, 40 psi being their maximum allowable pressure before they rupture. When the astronauts went to unload it on the moon, the buggy had 4 blown and flat tired. Where did they go wrong?

LAST QUESTION... thanks for all your help!!

Paul S Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Heat!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 06:02 AM
    For queston 1 - I suggest you give us your best guess as to what you think happens, then we'll talk about it.

For question 2 - think about this - when you inflate a tire to 30 PSI on earth what is that 30 PSI measured against? What would the tire pressure be measured against on the moon?
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Sep 7, 2007, 01:59 PM
    If the moon's atmosphere pressure is 0 then 40psi would become 54.7 psi(A)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 Honda Accord Hydraulic Clutch Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am losing clutch fluid from my LX Accord but cannot find any evidence on the floor or engine. Wwhere else should I look? Is it possible that the leak is so small that the DOT3 fluid evaporates before showing up on the garage floor? Thanks for any suggestions you might have. Vols

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

New System [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have a suggestion for minimum specs for a new business PC? Small business running Office and Quickbooks and tons of pictures for reproduction, Adobe Photoshop? Want a screaming desktop! I have one in mind, but am unsure of myself.

Hydraulic Circuit Problem [ 1 Answers ]

*note: if this problem proves too difficult, don't worry, thanks for your time anyway... :P* Hi, I'm currently attending a subject in college which is to do with the basic princlples of hydraulics. We were recently given a learning outcome/test to do in our own time. The thing is, my lecturer...

View more questions Search