Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gottolovemydogs Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 02:57 PM
    Will goldfish die if you feed them lunch meat?
    This is a weird question. Yesterday, I fed my sisters fish. And a few weeks ago I saw a TV show that a man trained his goldfish to do tricks, he gave them lunch meat as a food reward. So, I tried this, and the fish loved it! Could they die or be hurt from eating meat?
    Luv_a_bull098 Posts: 89, Reputation: 6

Nov 15, 2009, 12:36 AM

Goldfish are typically vegetarian, but they will occasionally eat meat. I would suggest to feed them the frozen bloodworms or beef heart that you can buy in a pet store. Different types of bodies cause for different types of parasites to grow (ex. Dogs and cats can get round worms from eating raw hamburger). The frozen fish foods that you can buy are sterilized and "Flash frozen" to lock in nutrients. But remember, too much meat in a goldfishes diet will probably lead to early death. Goldfish are just pretty carps, they'll try to eat anything. If you want to give your goldfish a nice treat, give them a slice of orange. Not only is it good for them, but they'll also get brighter colors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Working through lunch [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all! I do not think my ex-employer paid me correctly for overtime worked. I had to clock in/out at the beginning of each work day, plus clock in/out for lunch when I was able to get away. Due to the extremely heavy work load, and then the firing of the my immediate superviser, taking a lunch...

Time off for lunch [ 1 Answers ]

It takes Eva 3 hours longer to do the monthly payroll than it takes Cicely. They start working on it together at 9:00 am and at 5:00 pm they have 90% of it done. If Eva took a 2 hour lunch break while Cicely had none, then how much longer will it take for them to finish the payroll working together?

Can a 2nd sub panel be feed from same feed as first? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 200A main box out on a pole in the yard. I trenched and ran 4/0 aluminum to fee the subpanel on the house. Sadly I installed a smallish box and now I am out of breaker slots (too many 240's... ) Can I tap off the feed from the main box and run it to another subpanel or do I have to install...

My dog will not eat anything but any type of meat what can I feed her besides meat? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog,Sheba,will not eat anything but meat.I know why she won't but how do I get her to eat dog food again?Sheba is nine years old and she has some arthritis and I put an arthritis pill,that my veternarian gave me, in her dog food a couple weeks ago and now she won't eat her dog food because the...

View more questions Search