Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2009, 05:42 AM
    Bad cervise
    Hi I appreciate all comments:
    I ordered satellite TV from another country- from Lithuania called Viasat LT. But the cervices is really bad- I paid for two months in advance, sent them my receipt of the payment as a proof that I paid ( they confirmed that hey received it) but the company give me only the temporary signal ( signal of the channels I ordered, so I can see all the Lithuanian channels) which stops after 3 days. After 3 days I have to call them and ask them to send me the signal again so I can see the satellite again. I really dissapointed as I don't get constant signal. I called them several times and asked them what is going on , why they cannot give me a proper signal , constant one, why I have to constantly call them and ask them to give it.. They said that my receipt of the payment is being processed by the accountants ( who are in another place from the company)and until the confirmation is given from them I cannot have the constant signal as they did not process the receipt yet. It is more that one month now and in those two months that I paid for , I only saw my satellite TV several times instead of everyday as the accountants still did not process the receipt and I cannot receive the constant signal. If I refuse to pay, they will put me through the court.
    I am in England and the satellite TV ( 'Viasat LT) is I Lithuania. What really happens if I refuse to pay further payments for bad services? Please advice.
    Thanks a lot!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2009, 12:17 AM

Well, no one has answered this... I don't like answering stuff like this, but I usually have at least a little something I can contribute, but always hoping someone with a better, more complete answer will come along.

I don't know your laws. I also know nothing about that company. Which is why I can't really provide an answer. That wouldn't go over too well here. What I'd like to know, though, is if you have a contract and what exactly that contract says. I would assume your laws at least require someone to stick to a contract. What does it say about when you make payment and when services are to start, etc? And does it have any fine print about lack of services? Are you also stuck into a long-term contract, and if so, any ways to get out of it?

Just sounds pretty flimsy to me. I also don't think it's just a matter of making more payments, but also dealing with the current situation that you aren't getting the service because of some slow accounting. It also sounds weird that you'd sometimes have a signal and not others. They either have a policy of waiting until payment has been processed or they don't. If they normally wait until a payment is fully processed, then they should just not start the service and give you a full two months from when it starts.

That is just my opinion and what I'm seeing. Again, I don't know your laws, this company or what you can actually do. If nothing else, I'd keep calling until someone does something about it. I'm not much for just putting up with stuff like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a very BAD HABIT that needs to stop [ 9 Answers ]

My problem/habit is that when I put on my mascara, later I will find myself picking the mascara off with my fingers until I have pulled some eyelashes out with it. I do this all day everyday. I'm constantly messing with my eyes and lashes and I will have pulled out four or five lashes on one little...

Bad bad dreams. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sister who is 3 yrs elder to me. I don't know why but I always get dreams in which she tries to kill me. Once in my dream she paid a driver some money made me sit in a bus and threw me off the cliff.as in the driver jumped out right before I fell from the cliff. Second dream she pushed...

Bad smell after shower [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I wrote in a couple of weeks ago concerning a sewery type ? Smell after we shower. It usually happens after a longer shower. This started about a month ago. All the drains that we see have water in them including the basement floor drain. Rain does not seem th have anything to do with it except...

View more questions Search