Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pres Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 09:16 AM
    Echo grass trimer
    I have an echo weed trimer that worked fine 1 month ago. Tried to use it yesterday & can't pull rope. Filled with oil/gas mixture. Not flooded & plug is not fouled
    It is 17 months old , has been great piece of equipment.
    pres
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 8, 2006, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pres
    I have an echo weed trimer that worked fine 1 month ago. tried to use it yesterday & can't pull rope. filled with oil/gas mixture. not flooded & plug is not fouled
    It is 17 months old , has been great piece of equipment.
    pres
    See the rope is simply tangled, might have to take off the cover to get to it to see, I agree Echo makes some great stuff. Any chance you didn't mix enough oil with the gas and then engine froze? My experience with Echo is that it takes less oil with the gas than most 2 cycle engines, probably takes a ratio of 50 to 1, like 2.7 oz of oil to one gal of gas.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 09:54 PM
    If its still under warranty? Doing anything may void it.. so check to see if warranty will cover it.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Nov 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Warrantys are wonderful.. . If you can find anyone sympathetic. With ECHOS policy of selling in big box stores most dealers won't bend over backwards. If purchased from a small servicing dealer you may be in luck try him first. If that fails the first thing to check is is the starter. Remove it and see if it is bound.. . Not likely they don't get "tangled" often. When the starter is off and the flywheel still won't turn spray a lube down the spark plug hole and grab the flywheel try turning it.. . if it breaks loose and turns smooth put a little extra oil in it and rotate by hand then you should be good to go. If the engine turns hard and possibly drags and grinds sell it on EBAY.

As for Warranty there probably are not many situations ECHO would warranty "warranty" means defect in craftsmanship and that is not likley after the first 30 hours.

If taken in the dealer will disassemble, tell you no warranty and charge for the time.

I was an ECHO Dealer for 20 Years

What model#

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grass types? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you tell what type of grass you have so you can re-seed your lawn?

Grass [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house in December and my yard is full of weeds. How do I start growing grass?

Echo weed wacker needs new carb. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi to all. The repair center told me that my echo weed wacker, straight shaft, needs the entire carb replaced, that they couldn't rebuild it. He wants to charge me 80 dollars... how much would a new carb cost and where could I get one? Thanks to all!

Grass seed [ 1 Answers ]

How long after spreading fertalizer with haltz can I plant new seed.

Bermuda Grass [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything that will kill or inhibit bermuda grass that is taking over my yard and smothering the other grass?

View more questions Search