Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aharvey80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Sore swollen nose, puss and hole in septum, hedache and eye ache
    Hi
    I have recently had a very sore and swollen nose and then a spot appear on the inside wall of my septom, the spot then burst and started to discharge loads and loads of puss leaving a big hole afterwards, upwards in my septom. It then scabbed over and when healed left me with a deviated septom, my septom was perfectly symmetrical beforehand and centered. The same thing then happened about a week later and I went straight to the doctor and he prescribed me atibiotics wich seemed to make it disappear before the spot had burst. A few weeks later again and it is back worse than ever, the swelling is much bigger and spreading across the outside of my nose towards my cheek, the swelling starts just of center at the tip of nose making it quite rounded and very sore, I am also getting a slight headache and slight pain above my eye, I have been given 500/125mg antibiotics from a triage nurse at the hospital and an appointment for ENT wich is no time soon. The antibiotics that would usually give me a bad stomach and unwanted wind appear to be giving me no affects after 3 days and the swelling and pain is still gradually increasing despite also taking 2 types of pain killers.
    I have never been able to breath through my nose properly beforehand to wich I was told was a symptom of my childhood asthmata by my GP.

It may also be of interest that the only recent traumer I have suffered was a nasty blow with an ashtray from behind into the opposite side of my face nearly 2 years ago to wich has caused permanent numness to my cheek bone area and top half of my teeth on the same side of the blow, A few months after I suffered a very scary episode where I found I suddenly felt very sick and week with a sentation that no blood was passing up my neck, when I tried to speak I could not and only just made it to the bathroom before my eyes started to black out, I felt like I needed to go to toilet and be sick all at the same time, upon trying to do so before feeling like I was going to pass out a rush of warmth came back up my head and my eyesight returned as I pushed to pass wind on the toilet.

I have provided as much info as I can think of. Please can you help as I am very worried about the problems I have been suffering from and seem to get no real response from my GP and it is really affecting my work.

Best Regards
    Allan Harvey
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 10, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Allan, if you are not getting the response from your GP, then it's time to find another.

We are not doctors here, and most of us are not even medical professionals.

What you describe needs medical attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blister on nose,size of silver dollar, nose res,hot swollen [ 5 Answers ]

Please help us. My husband 53 yrs old. Woke up 3 days ago with a Dark red, very hot to touch, swollen nose with a blister, the size of a silver dollar. It still hasn't broken and also the first day his cheeks were red and hot to touch. We have no insurance and he won't go out of the house. I have...

I have red purple swollen bumps with puss and blood [ 8 Answers ]

I don't think its normal but I woke up one day with a bump on the pubic area and I know its not a std or anything it got more and more swollen over 3 days and just popped all of a sudden with puss and blood coming out of it and than I got one on my inner thigh they are very sore and I have no idea...

Sore Swollen Throat [ 1 Answers ]

So I have an extremely sore, swollen throat and I have lots of flem I'm coughing up as well as blood. I went to the doctor 3 days ago and he prescribed me penicillin he didn't even do a throat swab(which I think he should have :mad:), but my throat is NOT doing any better and I am getting very...

Puss filled sore on infant penis [ 9 Answers ]

My ten and a half month old son was circumcised at birth. While on vaca in Texas in June I noticed a small puss filled sore on one side at the circumcision site and the surrounding area was swollen and red. A trip to the ER and the doc said she thought it might be a flea bite, drained the puss,...

Bloated, stomach ache, sore breast... pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I feel bloated, I get sick to my stomach every time I smell something... only ONE of my breast are sore... Am I pregnant?? Im sooooooooooooooo scared... How soon can you tell when your pregnant or not? How soon do the signs start to show?

View more questions Search