Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ti2909 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 07:36 PM
    How does my Husband go about adopting my son?
    Hi,
    I am getting married and I was wondering how my husband should go about adopting my son? His father has not been in the picture. What steps should he take for the adoption process?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 10, 2009, 07:42 PM

First, please pay more attention to posting guidelines. There is a Read First sticky at the top of the Adoption forum (where this was moved from) that directs questions of a legal nature to this forum.

The answer is simple, get an attorney.

In most cases you need an attorney to make sure the adoption petition is prepared properly. The attorney will also explain to you what you have to do to get the father to agree or show a good faith effort to find him.

But if the father doesn't agree its unlikely to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband adopting my son [ 3 Answers ]

I have a few questions. First off we moved to Nebraska back in October from Oklahoma so do we need to go by both sets of abandonment laws for my husband to adopt my son or just Nebraska's? My son's biological father or sperm donor as I call him currently still lives in Oklahoma last I heard. When...

New husband adopting [ 2 Answers ]

If my husband adopts my child will he have rights to her if something ever were to happen?

Husband adopting my son [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost for my husband to adopt my son when the other is willing and living out of state?

Husband Adopting my Daughter [ 2 Answers ]

What do I have to do for my husband to adopt my daughter? I get child support from her father but he has nothing to do with her.

How can my husband go about adopting my child? [ 2 Answers ]

My child's biological father hasn't been in his/her life since 2 months. Old. My child is 14 now. My husband has been in my child's life for the past 12 years. The biological father hasn't seen or talked to my child since the age of 2 months old. The thing is he does pay child support. He was...

View more questions Search