Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    globalirene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Obtaining a Greek Passport
    My parents are Greek, I was born here... and want to get the Greek Passport. Did anyone out there find out the procedure? I live in DC.. should I just go there with my mom and her birth certificate?

Any info on this topic would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Irene
    graft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 01:53 AM
    Its tricky however if you are female it is easier... however you have to be registered in the local kinotita where your folks are from the local council then needs to issue your consulate with a paper stating that you are registered in that municapality in greece... then book a date for a passport... good luck its hell!!
    acrules3 Posts: 76, Reputation: 3

Oct 3, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Late reply to this but if both your parents are Greek you're pretty lucky. All you need is both your parents' registration certificates in the Greek Municipality where they are registered [the consulate can get those for you], your parents' marriage certificate [from the Church, assuming they were married before 1982], and your own birth certificate with an apostille.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

Renewing Greek Passport [ 4 Answers ]

I need urgent help and I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me. I have a greek passport that my father has always renewed for me in Zambia (where I was born). He can't do it any more so I am on my own. Unfortunately I cannot speak greek and this has caused me no end of problems. ...

Obtaining a Second mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the risk of second mortages. My husband and I have a 159,000 loan and right now our credit is over our head. My score was 678 but now it is 607 because all my credit cards are max out. We were thinking about taking out a second mortgage but we really don't know the pros and...

Obtaining a Greek passport [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am interested in getting a Greek passport. I am a US citizen. Both of my parents are from Greece but have become US citizens. How do I go about getting one? Thanks

Get Greek passport online [ 1 Answers ]

Get Greek passport online,I need to get a Greek passport asap,how can I do this?

View more questions Search