Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theduster Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Wire Problems changing white rodgers to honeywell thermostat
    I am trying to change from a white rodgers 1F76-357 thermostat to a Honeywell 7 day programmable thermostat (RTH7500 series). The wires that I have don't match up with the installation directions. Here is what I have:
    2 wires coming from the wall, one goes to the B post and the other goes to a screw on the box labeled A (there is no designation for an A wire in the honeywell guide.)
    The other wires I have are a yellow wire that is connected to the Y spot on the old thermostat but it then is connected to a rivet on the back of the old thermostat. The other wire is connected on one end to the RC post and on the other to the RH post. Any help?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 05:10 PM

You only have heat? No ac? And just to wires correct? Red to rh and white to w

Nov 8, 2009, 10:16 PM
    What about the other wires that were connected in there? Do I need to connect the RC and RH ones? We do only have heat.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2009, 05:57 AM

I did find this document that mentions A & B wires. http://www.michaelshell.org/files/ro...00_subbase.pdf

I really don't know what "A" is for. Connect Rc to Rh and connect to your old R. Without Rc, the fan switch may not work.

Nov 10, 2009, 09:49 PM
    The other question I have is if there is a way to tell if I have a high voltage or low voltage system without using a voltmeter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What...

Changing over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I want to change over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. I need help in trying to figure out the wiring part of this whole thing. Can someone out there please help. I would certainly appreciate...

Wiring from White rodgers mercury switch thermostat to 5 wire Honeywell RTH 110B [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to get the new Honeywell Digital thermostat RTH 110B to work both in heating and cooling modes. 5 wire installation from old White rdogers thermostat. Wire colors are G Y W R Br. Have to switch the R wire with the Br wire to get fan oeprating or A/C. Then have to switch them back...

White Rodgers 1F76W357 to Honeywell RTH3100C Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have on old White-Rodgers 4 wire single transformer system I believe. Model 1F76W357. I am installing a Honeywell RTH3100C non programmable thermostat. Wires on the White-Rodgers are: RC RH (Jumpered inside the thermostat) W Y G

Which Thermostat? - White-Rodgers or Honeywell [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking at buying a new thermostat and I am trying to decide which to buy the Honeywell 8000 or the White-Rodgers 90 series (1F95-1277). I am also trying to determine what the difference is between the two White-Rodger 90 series models (1F95-1277 and the 1F97-1277). I know what the...

View more questions Search