Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilikepuppys96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 05:12 AM
    Problems With The Mouse.
    Sometimes if I leave my laptop for a few minutes while I'm doing something else I come back to it and the mouse has completley frozen and I can't do anything else, so I have to shut it down and start again! Why does this happen?
    Please help me ! :confused:
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2009, 09:29 AM

This is not supposed to happen.

Review your Screen Saver and Power settings in (Control Panel > Display).

It can be one of 3 settings causing this but is it probably the sleep function on the (hard drive).

1- The sleep function (Power Settings), disable this if you do not use it.
    2- The "On Resume Display Welcome Screen" setting. Disable it if it's not already.
    3- The screen saver itself could have fault in it. Change or disable screen saver.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Grant
    hershko Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Sometimes the keyboard or the mouse get frozen if the computer is not in use for several hours because I think it swetches to a sleep mode and also the screen is off. By doing a restart the mouse will function again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell GX60 mouse and keyboard problems [ 4 Answers ]

My PC will not recognize my mouse and keyboard; it is as if they are not getting power( the lights on them are not on).

Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse problems [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse and have 2 problems: 1. The mouse keeps freezing, I have used the signal connect buttons with some luck and it Will work great for a while before freezing again. A neighbor suggested that CB Radios From nearby truck stop may...

New mouse problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a new wireless optical mouse. My computer recognizes it in the usb port, says device is working properly, however I cannot get the mouse to work.the old mouse still works. What do I need to do?

Mouse problems [ 4 Answers ]

How do I clean my mouse?

Serial Mouse Detection Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I recently formatted and upgraded a Pentium I Gateway Computer to Windows 98. I attached a serial mouse to it-but I keep getting this error message that tells me no mouse is dectected. I must either restart if I have a PS/2 mouse or I may safely attach a serial mouse then. The mouse is already...

View more questions Search