Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    railroaded Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 12:21 PM
    Possible civil rights violations.
    I just previousy asked about conerrns about my public defender, My next question Is, My case was overturned by the supreme court on 03-04-09 of this year. However: I did not get transferred back to the county jail until 06-26-09. I was held In prison without coviction or sentence for 100 days, preventing my family from posting bail to have me released from custody. I have my opinion on this, but could It be possible that my ciivl rights were violated In this matter as well? Who Is to be held accountable for this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 12:31 PM

Hello again, railroaded:

It's hard to say... Look. I haven't seen anything, and there's evidently been a lot of law already decided... But, from what you say, I have an opinion.

Having said that, it depends of the wording of ruling overturning your case. If the court ORDERED your release, and the warden failed to do so, then yes - they violated your civil rights..

But, it's probably not as simple as that. Nonetheless, I'd only undertake one case at a time... You've got a lot on your plate. Besides, if you're released, you'll forget about those days.

Now, go back to the other thread and let me know what you think about what I said over there.

excon

PS> The threads ordinarily should be joined... But, they ARE two separate cases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil rights [ 1 Answers ]

If someone attends an arraignment, does not go before the judge, is not read charges, does not get to enter a plea and is just labeled as guilty, is it a violation of rights?

Civil rights? [ 4 Answers ]

Barack Obama administration seeks to change police questioning law The Obama administration is urging the US Supreme Court to overturn a landmark decision that stops police from questioning suspects unless they have a lawyer present. Wow, if Bush had done this it would have been the lead...

Civil rights singapore [ 1 Answers ]

Any information on civil rights in singapore,current or in the past, Thank you

Civil rights singapore [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me information on civil rights in singapore,as I am doing an essay on it. I need more on their rights to vote etc. Thank you

View more questions Search