Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bklyn27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 02:52 PM
    How long till I am due for staue of limitaion
    Hello I am chris I was 18 my mother took a captail one card out. I am 27 can they still houd me I received a letter now there going to take it out my check without noitce can they do this any answer are help will be thanful thanks for your time
    PoorBloke Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 03:10 AM
    You need to sue your mother and use the money to get rid of the debt.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 8, 2009, 07:47 PM

So you are saying your mother took out a credit card in your name? Did you know about this? A judgement has to be enterd in court before any garnishment of your check can take place and then there is the sol but the main issue is if your mother took this out and signed your name well, that's fraud and she has committed a crime
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 07:55 PM

The SOL starts after the last payment, so how long has it been used, when was the last charge and when was the last payment.

No they have to sue you and get a judgement ( unless they already did that) to garnish your pay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MISCARRIAGE. How long till I can try again? [ 6 Answers ]

I had my miscarriage on October 12 2008. And I was wondering how long should I wait before trying again. I know its best to let my body heal completely and get my normal health back. Since the miscarriage, I have had a period (november 8th thro the 13th). I just want to make sure I don't try again...

How long till I can apply for a citizenship? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a green card, about cpuiple weeks ago. I'm 20 years old. My mom has been married with her husband for about 6 years now. He is an american citizen. Well after 6 years of their marriage I finally got the green card. Is it time for me to go apply for an american citizenship? Do I have to...

How long till you can consume alcohol. [ 2 Answers ]

How long till u can consume alcohol after taking hydrocodone, etodolac, and diazepam?

How long after a baby till I get my period [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys sorry I've been away for a while but things have been hectic. But I'm back,. Hanna is almost 7 weeks and I was wondering when I will start my periods again? I'm not breastfeeding and my husband and I have been using condoms. Any idea?

How long till your legal [ 1 Answers ]

Maybe someone can help me out. My boyfriend was brought into this country illegally when he was 7 years old and has attended American schools all his life. However with no paper work he can not work or go to college. Is there any way to accieve a legal status for him, based on how long he has...

View more questions Search