Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumitnxt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 11:48 AM
    How should I build an attitude in my expectations are less
    I've seen when I don't expect things.. great things happen and I'm very happy
    When I'm expecting them nothing great happens
    I want to build an attitude in which I don't expect great things.
    I do want to be happy and successful but I think it will be easier to get there if my expectations are less.
    Please give advise that what should I tell myself to build such an attitude ?
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Nov 4, 2009, 11:56 AM

My motto is "I set my standards pretty low that way i'm never disapointed"
    Works well for me. But I don't know how to change someone else's views. Most people would tell you to be optimistic but you seem like you want to be a pessimist.
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Nov 4, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Oh and I know what you mean when your least expecting it something amazing happens! Just keep your mind side tracked from the thing you really want to happen. e.g. if you want a relationship
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 12:00 PM

Be yourself. Expect the worse, and hope for the best.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 12:03 PM

Setting realistic goals and achieving them will build your confidence,once you do that,you can aim higher...

Once upon a time you could not crawl,but you tried and it happened,then you walked then you talked and learned how to play and reason... set yourself up for success,and step up the pace...

In relationships,you teach people how to treat you, show respect,gain respect,be a friend to gain a friend..

If you never try to reach just beyoond your grasp how will you ever know just how brillent you really are...

There are stumbling blocks everwhere,look at them as learning experiences,what did you learn from this,so the next time you can do it better..

These are just some of the things I learned from my own meadering experiences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expectations of my 20 year old daughter [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I have a 20 year old daughter who lives with me. She doesn't pay rent or helps out with the bills in the household. When she first got her drivers licence she decided to buy a $20.000 car, then she decided to move in with a friend which didn't go well. So I took her back in....

Salary expectations [ 4 Answers ]

I have an interview about salaries in UK as a nurse. I donīt know have any knowledge. Please help. Tnx

Unrealistic Expectations? [ 2 Answers ]

We are serious buyers. We have preapproval for significantly more than we are looking to actually spend, but a lot of flexibility. We found 2 houses. They are essentially the same house. One is in much better shape than the other. Both are short sales. We put in an offer on both, offering...

I have expectations and she isn't following them and its stressin me out. [ 11 Answers ]

So here is the situation. My sister stays with me and so does my boyfriend. I told my sister that she can stay with me if her baby's dad don't come back from California. He has decided he don't want to come back. (its a long story and I don't want to go into detail) Well anyway she has a 15...

Relationships - qualities/expectations [ 8 Answers ]

Relationships - Friendships - Colleagues - what qualities do you look for in having any kind of relationship with someone? And what do you expect in return from that relationship?

View more questions Search