Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjbarnes3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 06:29 AM
    2 year old lab is peeing on the carpet
    I recently moved in with my girlfriend and I have a Rottie mix and she has a yellow lab. Both dogs are neutered and have spent ample time together in the past. The problem we are having is her two year old Yellow Lab is now from time to time peeing in the house. One night we were playing and he just stopped and started peeing, this morning when we got up there were two spots in the living room. I don't think it is a dominance thing; it just seems that he has decided not to be house broken anymore. Any suggestions?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 06:44 AM
    I would first suggest a visit to the vet to rule out any health issues like a urinary tract infection before changing anything else in his routine.

That he just stopped playing and urinated without giving any signal that he needed to go out sounds like he may not have had control over the need to potty.

Did you move into her place or did you both move into a new place?
    kjbarnes3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I would first suggest a visit to the vet to rule out any health issues like a urinary tract infection before changing anything else in his routine.

That he just stopped playing and urinated without giving any signal that he needed to go out sounds like he may not have had control over the need to potty.

Did you move into her place or did you both move into a new place?
    I moved in with her. However the dogs have spent weeks together in the same house.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjbarnes3 View Post
    I moved in with her. However the dogs have spent weeks together in the same house.
    I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a new place that another animal might have marked long before you and the dogs moved in.

I still think ruling out health issues is probably your best place to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

8 Month old Mini Dashund will not stop peeing on Carpet [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 8 month old miniature daschund, we love him to death, but we can’t seem to train him to pee outside. We use treats and praise when he goes, but find he can be outside 20 30 minutes, come back inside and within 5 minutes pee or poop on the carpet. This was hard enough, but now he is...

Cat started peeing on carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old persian cat, he has always used a litter tray but in the past couple of days has started to pee by the front door on the carpet. Yesterday when I let him out he used the neighbours front door mat to pee on. I know he is getting old but I do not understand why he is doing this...

Dog peeing on carpet [ 4 Answers ]

The dog we dog-sit often pees everyday on our carpet!! Same place(s) everyday! The dog is trained and a super good dog at her house but... at my house pees, every single day and even pooped, sloppy poop today! We take our dog and the guest dog out several times before we leave, we even cut back...

Peeing on the carpet [ 2 Answers ]

I have two female dogs. My female beagle mix has recently started peeing in the living room. We though maybe we weren't leaving them out long enough, so started doing that. We thought maybe we weren't taking them out enough, so started doing that. But this doesn't seem to be the problem. ...

9 year old dog has started peeing on new carpet [ 2 Answers ]

Our 9 year old female dog has started peeing on new carpeting that has recently been put in the basement. She never goes anywhere else in the house and she only does it when we are gone or sleeping. She has a doggy door to go out side when ever she would like which is half way down the basement...

View more questions Search