Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kneepain81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Knee Pain
    About a year ago I went out for a run and the next morning both of my knees were swollen and even taking a step down a stair led to excruciating pain. I iced both knees and wore knee braces for about 2 weeks. Finally, the pain subsided. However, a year later my right knee is still incredibly unstable and feels extremely weak. I do not run at all and haven't do to fear it will just snap in half. I don't feel real pain the knee, but some tingling and weakness almost every day.

What could possibly be wrong?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:47 AM

Anything from a sprain to torn ligaments - you really should see a Physician. No one here can diagnose you based on symptoms.

Nov 3, 2009, 08:49 AM

I am actually finally going to see one tomorrow. I just wasn't sure if it was necessary or this was a common injury that didn't need medical attention.

I really just wanted to see if someone had any insight or had a similar problem before and could relate. I am going anyway, but was hoping someone might know a little about it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Unfortunately there are so many things that can cause joint pain like you describe. Your best course of action is to see that doctor you have the appointment with.

Nov 3, 2009, 08:53 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but since it has been a year and I don't have extreme pain wouldn't that mean that it's likely not a serious injury?

I hate to bother, but I really fear the old doc and I just want to go in with as much information (and fear reduction) as possible.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:56 AM

I tore a ligament which was painful on and off for over a year.

Some days I was fine; other days I was limping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in knee [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mild pain in my right knee exactly where the joint is. It only hurts when I jog, run, walk up/down steps or kneeldown, I can straighten it fine, although there is a lot of clicking (not just one big click, but rather 2-4 small clicks). There is also a very audible crunching/grinding sound,...

Lateral knee pain; stiffness behind knee [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an active 51 year old tennis player and golfer. I tore my medial meniscus in January and elected to rehab vs surgery. Now 3 months later pain has moved laterally and I'm getting stiffness behind my knee. MRI showed meniscus tear in posterior horn inferior and a small Baker's cyst. Treatment...

Knee pain [ 2 Answers ]

I've always had slight knee pain every once in a while but recently I've developed a sharp pain under my knee cap. The pain comes with extending my leg. Skiing is a probable cause. Walking upstairs often hurts. What are some probable causes/treatments?

Knee Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 10 weeks post op from ACL Revision, and my knee still swells a lot doing minor activities and the pain can get pretty bad! I Had microfracture in Feb this year also and previous 2 surgeries dating back to 1990 what's going on. I can't bend my knee past 90 degress still and the strength is not...

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have burning behind my knee I do excersise cross trainer and bike riding could I have damaged something and what do I do to help the symptons

View more questions Search