Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Nov 2, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Pressure to date.
    Hey guys, I'm 17 now. I have been feeling more and more pressure to date. I don't want people thinking I'm a weirdo. I just haven't found the right guy, or if I have he doesn't like me back. My problem is I get really nervous around guys I like. I'll either turn to goo or be giddy. I liked this guy but he graduated, and now I like this new one jake, but he has a girlfriend. It's the stereotypical cheer captain/football starter relationship. Im not some nerd either I did win homecoming, but its like how can I even find someone. Its so hard to find somebody I like, that likes me back like more than a friend you know?
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Nov 2, 2009, 11:18 PM

I have a friend who has the same 'issue', she's 18 and can't find the right guy or when she does she acts strange around him and scares them off! You shouldn't be pressured to date, we all date when we are ready, and when we found the right person. Dating isn't a race! My friends problem (my opinion) is that she is very picky when she chooses what guy to like. Her last boyfriend was great, he was cute, nice, romantic the only down side was he was a year and a half younger then her, she started to over analyze him and after about a week of dating she broke it off because he was to 'immature' for her, because of him acting silly with his guy friends. Could you possibly be to picky?
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Nov 3, 2009, 12:55 AM

Patience Patience and Patience, so who cares if you haven't found the right guy yet.
    Everything will come soon. A friend of mine through out high school never dated anyone and his first year of college met this incredible women and has been dating her ever since (it has been 5 years )

Just make sure you stay strong and don't fall for people who want to use you... it is unfortunate but those people are out there
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 04:26 AM
    Just take your time and let things happen naturally-dont give in to any pressure-you ll meet someone when you re ready.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 06:37 AM

Keep getting to know more people. You just haven't met the right guy yet.

If you're going to rush, you're just going to set yourself up for disappointment. These things happen naturally, not forced upon.
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Nov 3, 2009, 10:41 PM

Brit that helps thanks. I wouldn't say Im picky, but I am not like guna date any random bloke, you know? I just look for good qualities. Ithappenstoall, yea that's good to hear it might work out. Iwish and amicon I can only hope that's right. Its just very difficult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convert non-date string to a Date? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - Okay, so here's my issue. I have a non-date string that I'd like to convert to a date format. This is what my non-date string looks like: 2009-01 and 2009-02, etc. I'd like to convert that to Jan-2009 or 01/09 under the date format. Can I do this?

Call I have my court date canceled and do it on a later date [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court date for Oct 20 for a scheduling conference for a credit card debt. I was served a summons to file an answer and I did in a timely manner then I received a Notice of Hearing that says the case is scheduled for Scheduling Conference. Can I do anything at this point. I had previously...

Invoice Date or Actual Date [ 2 Answers ]

Is it proper to post payment requests by the invoice date or by the actual date? I ask because if you post by invoice date, you never have a hard close. What if you get an invoice in September for a July invoice date? As long as it is in the same fiscal year, does it matter?

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search