Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    govtteach94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Early to mid 80's TV show
    I used to get up early on Saturday to watch a TV show that had kids who were in a band. I would say it was a predecessor to type of show Saved by the bell was. Any ideas?
    FLtaurus Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2006, 03:57 PM
    The one that pops into my head would be Kids Incorporated. It had a group of teens who did shows in some kind of club at the end. A lot of singing and dancing.
    extremely_shy_girl Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Or could it have been The guys next door? Man, I LOVED that show!
    serena21 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 06:07 PM
    The aswer to the question is a show called Californa Dreams about these kids in a band who play after school very very much like saved by the bell. I used to love this show. (Not to be confused with the song by the mama's and papa's)

(Let me know if this is right if it's not I'll keep looking)

Here is a summary from the tv.com website

Aired On: NBC at Saturday 10:30 AM (30 min.)
    Status: Ended Premiered: September 12, 1992 Last Aired: September 6, 1997
    Show Category: Comedy
    California Dreams is a show about a group of high school teens that form their own band, The California Dreams. The show follows the group through their problems in high school as well as their problems in trying to score a record deal.
    The theme song to California Dreams is an original song performed by the season's current bandmates. The lyrics are as follows:

Surf dudes with attitudes (Kinda groovy)
    Laid back moods
    Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations)
    Feelin' mellow
    Won't give it up
    Don't want to stop
    Don't wake me up
    Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin'
    California dreams
    Just let me lay here in the sun
    Until my dream is done

All actors sang their own songs in every episode, with the exception of Jay Anthony Franke (Jake) and Aaron Jackson (Mark), whose characters were voiced by Barry Coffing and Zachary Throne.
    kerrybwn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by govtteach94
    I used to get up early on Saturday to watch a tv show that had kids who were in a band. I would say it was a predecessor to type of show Saved by the bell was. any ideas?
    I think it was called California dreams. The name of the show was the anme of the band
    OBXbeachbaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:37 AM
    It could also be Kidd Video that you are thinking of. In this, the kids were real and then would turn to cartoon characters. It was on Saturday mornings. Hope this helps!
    elektra805 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by govtteach94
    I used to get up early on Saturday to watch a tv show that had kids who were in a band. I would say it was a predecessor to type of show Saved by the bell was. any ideas?
    I think I remember the one. Did they work in a surf restaurant on the beach? It might be California Dreams with Kelly Packard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's early 90's TV show [ 16 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a TV show from the late 80's or early 90's about a guy who fought crime in a black robotic looking suit... not batman... live action... drove a modified motorcycle. He had an African American buddy who whore classic sunglasses that flipped up... That's all I...

This is a tough one... 80's - early 90's TV show/movie [ 9 Answers ]

OK I saw this animated show/movie (can't remember which it was) on TV when I was really young. It couldn't have been before 1985. It involved a witch or sorcerer who had the ablity to turn people into stone. The villain hyponotized the young men of the village and used them to round up all...

Looking for a 80's or early 90's show [ 3 Answers ]

I didn't see this show on TV it was shown in my library class when I was in sixth grade I have talked to three or four other people who remember it but can't remember the name. The show is about these kids in the future who walk through this forest and find a door that takes them into an abandoned...

Late 80's early 90's Saturday morning TV show [ 7 Answers ]

I believe this show is from the late 80's or early 90's. It is about a father and daughter who found a "portal" to a prehistoric land. It aired on Saturday mornings. Any ideas ?

Early to Mid '90s Sci-Fi [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show about an alien who looked like a human man and he had a companion giant eyeball looking creature who had a glassy reflective front and was constantly harassing the main character about hostility. What was this show?

View more questions Search