Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpeavler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Divorce QDRO
    My ex husband and I have been divorced for almost a year now. In the divorce I was granted half of his 401k. He at that time withdrew the money and put it in a separate account. All of the QDRO forms have been filled with the courts and now I am having a dificult time recieveing the money. My attorney has no idea how to get it for me and I have been going through my personal banker and they are having difficulty getting me my money. No one seems to know how I can get this. Any suggestions?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Nov 3, 2009, 08:34 AM
    It sounds to me like you need a different attorney.

Since you have a legal claim, it would seem to me that you could sue him. You should be able to obtain a judgment on whatever assets he has.

I am not attorney. The above is opinion, not legal advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a QDRO exceptable in a divorce settlement? [ 1 Answers ]

I was married about 2 years and according to my separation agreement was suppose to get $22500 as a settlement. My husband is requesting a QDRO to pay this settlement. This is not for my retirement, the settlement is for furniture and home equity and credit card debt that my husband was...

Fair qdro [ 1 Answers ]

Divorced in 1997 and the QDRO was never qualified. Now 10 years later, my ex's attorney is trying to get this QDRO qualified. The original QDRO gave the alternate payee 1/2 of my pension benefits during our married years. Which is only fair. But since 1997, I have received significant...

View more questions Search