Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickib622 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Toilet burps BIG BUBBLE when flushed!
    Hi,
    The upstairs toilet was not flushing properly so I called a repair man. I was not here when he came, but I talked to him on the phone. The repair receipt said it was a clogged primary jet, which I am assuming is the large hole at the base of the bowl inside where the liquids, etc. flush out. It is flushing "better", but now there is a big burp large air bubble whenever it is flushed. What do I need to do to fix it? I wish I had known about the clogged hole in the first place, I could have saved the repair man cost - and because he gave me a "discount" there is no warranty whatsoever. Please help! :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 1, 2009, 01:53 PM
    A "bubble" tellks you that you have a partial blockage downstream from the toilet. Let me explain what's happening. You flush the john, The discharge , bangs into the partial clog in the line and starts to rebound back pushing a bubble of air ahead of it. This is what you see in the toilet. Then, because it's not completely blocked the discharge drains away before anything overflows. This can only get worse. The drainage line that services the toilet needs to be snaked out or if you're on a septic tank it should be checked to see if it needs to be pumped. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. Tom
    nickib622 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 02:01 PM

Thanks Speedball1 - I will call them tomorrow to make sure it was snaked - if not, they will be back! I will certainly give you kudos for your help, but I cannot seem to find "the scales" to thank you publicly.?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 1, 2009, 02:16 PM
    That's cool. Your thanks are enough. Glad I could help. Have a good one, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet burps after flushing? [ 2 Answers ]

After the toilet in the basement has been flushed it burps air like there is an air pocket stuck and it can't realease until it has been refiled?

Toilet bubbles, burps and does not drain properly [ 1 Answers ]

We are having intermittent trouble with the drains in our main bathroom. The initial culprit seems to be the toilet. When flushed, it will fill like it is clogged, then slowly drain out until it is almost empty and the water level is well below where it should be. It accompanies this with a lot...

Toilet burps [ 1 Answers ]

I had to shut off the water in the house and drain the lines when I installed a new water heater.After the installation and the water was turned back on I noticed the upstairs toilet bowl was not filling up to the same level.Now When you flush there is a large air bubble that "burps" from the...

Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble! [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a 2 bath home, ranch style. The toilet and shower in the master are fine, as is the kitchen sink and the laundry room. In the main bath, my toilet won't drain, when plunged out it backs into the tub drain. Also, when I run the water in the tub, it makes the toilet bubble. Same thing...

View more questions Search