Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c2mas2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Stall when hot and start when cold
    My 93 honda civic si stalls (cranks but fails to turnover & start) when its hot and start fine when its cold.

Please provide any tips - so far I've:
    - Changed the battery
    - Changed the Fuel pump
    - Changed the main relay

And still have the same problem,what else can it be? Or is there anything I can try?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2009, 01:43 PM

Replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil should solve the problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Nov 1, 2009, 02:28 PM

I'll try that, thanks

Nov 24, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil should solve the problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    Last week I change the ignition coil and so far there's no problem. Thank you so much.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No start in cold whether [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2.2 1997 no start in cold whether thanks.

My car having can't start when engine cold [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a VW golf 0ne Chicco 2000 is a fuel injector engine. I have been using lead replacement fuel for a while and wonder if that might have an effect having problem when cold start. When the engine is cold it does not idle at all till it is warm. When I some time I approach the stop...

Oil furnace will not start on cold days [ 2 Answers ]

Our old oil furnace will not start on cold days. We like to keep the temp in the house at a very cool 45F at night, but, in the morning, the furnace will not restart and we need to press the reset on it several times to get it to stay going. Almost all of the sensors and the thermostat on the...

Running at 4000 rpm after cold start. [ 2 Answers ]

On cold days I like to drive the first 3-4 minutes in low gear - keeping the RPMs at 3500-4000. This makes the heat come out warm much faster. If I drive normally, then the heat will not come out warm in the 10 minutes it takes me to get to work. Is doing this harmful to the engine or tranny?

96 honda accord won't start when cold [ 1 Answers ]

When my 96 honda accord sits outside overnight when it is below 40 degrees or so it won't start right away. I crank the key for a long time and it finally starts after a long time. The battery almost dies. The car runs great as soon as it starts. The battery is good and it is getting good...

View more questions Search