Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tera03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Eye sight
    I'm 24 years old and I wear -10.5 in contacts. I need to know what my vision is as in the 20/20 catagoery.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 12:02 PM
    10.50 is the actual prescription. 20/** is an approximation. For instance if you were 20/200 you would need to be 20 feet from something that someone with perfect vision would be able to see from 200 feet. Get it? It's not anything a doctor relies on. As far as I know, there's no real conversion as it wouldn't be too unreliable. Why is that you need to know, please?

You could also ask your doctor what you tested as. They usually don't test above 20/200 which is legally blind, I would assume you tested above that.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 01:42 PM
    I'm glad that you're on this one Momma! You are truly a boon to this site!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sight pin [ 1 Answers ]

It is moved all the way over but I am still shooting way left of the target

Eye sight [ 2 Answers ]

I need 2 know ' I like 2 box and I planned on sighing up for a boxing gym' but I have a problem' I have a lazy left eye 'i have great vision on my right eye' would I be able 2 box' or is there a rule that says I can't box in the sport of boxing with a lazy eye

Is my eye sight bad? [ 1 Answers ]

Iam 19 year old and I have about 600 degree on both eyes , maybe my left eye is a bit higher by 5 or 10 degree. Also I go on my computer almost everyday so my eye degree will increase faster so I want to know when does my eye sight degree stops increasing. And is getting laser to decrease the eye...

What a sight! [ 3 Answers ]

I just wondered if everyone else new what they could find on this site. I was looking under FAQs and wow. It's almost scarey, you can see where everyone is on the forum. There is also a map although I'm not sure it is accurate, as there is no dot anywhere near where I am. Go figure. Anyway, I...

View more questions Search