Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Georgiow5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Not Adopted, Given away.
    I am 43 years old, and have been searhing for my birth parents for years. I have used Pay search sites, Phone books, Google, Msn, and Yahoo searches with no luck at all.

{personal info removed-<>} I also have reason to believe that I have an older Sister and Brother, and my mother may have spent some time in a half-way house in Chicago in the early 80's.

I was never adopted, and the stories that I have heard does not add up. I was told by my Stepmother that she use to baby-sit for my mother and she left me with her so long that when she came to get me I cried and cried, so she left me there.
    I don't believe that. This is what I believe happened;
    I think my stepmother was married to my father, my father had an affair with my mother, (my Mother being White, my Father being Black) and maybe, just maybe my mother had a problem with the family because she had two white children and one half black and could not keep me..? Something more like that I think and not what I was told.

This is all the information I have, and my stepmother has no information at all on my parents (my stepmother may have Alzheimer's Disease now).

I don't know what kind of medical problems my family may have, and the older I get the more concerned I am to know.

I Really need to know my family...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2009, 12:27 PM

First, this site is not a missing person clearing house. We generally do not allow personal info posted here.

If you have used all the methods you list, then its unlikely we can help. But the first question I have for you is do you have a birth certificate and does it show your mother and father's names?
    tattooedmom80 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2009, 12:36 PM

What about your father, does he not know the information for the woman he conceived a child with? Was your last name changed or did it stay the same? Assuming you were not adopted, and it stayed the same, contact every person with the same last name in the area you are from. Somebody, somewhere has a answer. I didn't see my biological father for 14 years, and that is what I did to find him. Good luck to you.
    Georgiow5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 12:51 PM

I also don't know my father, and have tried the Phone book with both names...
    I changed my name to Wiley when I was 18 (That when I found out)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 26, 2009, 03:11 PM

If you were never formally adopted, then your odds just got EXTREMELY lowered.

However--how did your stepmother have any rights for you growing up if neither of your birth parents were around? How did you get immunizations, and registered for school, and such? SOMEWHERE there is/was a legal document. You need to get your hands on that legal document, and may only be able to do so through your stepmother.

You can certainly try to register on reunion websites--in your case, I would suggest using ISRR, as they are not as adoption based as the others are.

Your only other real option is to hire a LPI, and hope that they are able to find out some results for you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 08:40 PM

Hire a LPI - if things are as you say, there is a paper trail SOMEWHERE. Provide the LPI with all the info you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be adopted [ 14 Answers ]

I'm want to be adopted but I don't to hurt my family I'm not sure what I want I'm unhappy alone and I cry myself to sleep should I just talk to them or what because I'm edge I not trying hurt but if it worse I'm to leave and hurts is they love me but can't dill with this my mom been having weird...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

I was not adopted, I know my mom. I'm looking for my dad. [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Kaitlin. I am 17 years old. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee to a Joyce E. Blankenship. I was born February 15th, 1991 at Baptist East in Memphis I know, this maybe be too little of information to find out who my biological father is, but it's worth a shot. Darrell W. - (You...

WAs I adopted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find out if I was adopted because I think my teacher is my mom? Follow your instincts How do I find out if I was adopted?

I was Adopted at age ten! [ 6 Answers ]

I was adopted at age ten but had been in foster care since I was 4 yrs old> I was just wondering were do I start to find my biological family I'm turing eighteen tommorw and have beeeeen waiting for this chance all of my life!Can anyone help me?:confused:

View more questions Search