Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Minimum Room Temperature for a Refrigerator
    Simply as a space saver initiative, I moved my back-up fridge into my cold room, average room temperature between 8 and 10 degrees Celsius, but the freezer compartment does not seem to function properly. Its not freezing water or meats completely. Is there a minimum room temperature required for the refrigerator to work efficiently?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 02:25 PM

I don't think the room temperature has anything to do with the fridge not working properly. Something is definitely wrong with the machine and needs to be addressed.
    stuartn Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2009, 04:10 PM

Room temp is important. The cold control is in the fridge part(not the freezer) and it tries to reach about 4C(depending on where the dial is set). If the ambient air temp is about the same then the fridge will not turn on as much as it should. Your fridge is designed to operate properly at room temp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotpoint Refrigerator inside temperature, what should it be? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just wanted to know what should the inside temperature of a refrigerator be. Not the freezer side. I recently had the defroster units replaced and since then it still doesn't seem like it is cooling properly, the temperature setting is almost max'd out but before the work is was like 7 now...

Heat pumps and minimum outdoor temperature [ 2 Answers ]

I had a heat pump installed a few months ago. The installer set the auxillery heat to take over at 25 degrees. The heat pump has no problem heating my house at this temperature, but I am worried that it is less efficient at these low temperatures than my gas furnace. My worry is not about the...

Room temperature of chemicals [ 2 Answers ]

Q1.What is the room temperature ofchlorine,bromine and iodine? Q2.Which metal's salts give a blue-green flame test and blue precipate with sodium hydrogen? Q3.Hydrogen chloride gas is very soluble in water and denser than air.How should you collect a sample? Q4.Is the mass of a rusty nail higher...

Minimum safe ambient temperature for furnace operation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home with a gas fired downflow furnace. The furnace was installed in 1995 and is manufacturered by Coleman. In order to save on the energy bill I am considering lowering the setpoint on the T-stat below the 55 deg F minimum position . I can accomplish this by using an old mercury...

Can't Adjust room Temperature [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble in adjusting the room temperature. My normal room temperature (desire to be) is 74 downstairs and 73 on upstairs. But couple hours after temperature rise up to 90 on upstairs. The intake is on upstairs, vents are clean and looks adjusted properly. I have bought new...

View more questions Search