Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gashnew1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 06:08 AM
    Bios password
    I let my brother use my laptop,and he has put a bios password on it and now he can't remember it ,my laptop is a toshiba satellite pro l20,can someone tell me how I can get it working again and that's not going to cost?
    dowdy2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 03:59 PM
    I don't know what to tell you. If it has w warranty on it send it back to the Toshiba Computer Company, for a bios password removal!
    kfarley Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2007, 04:11 PM
    I might have another solution. At least it worked on my desktop.
    I took the battery (inside the computer, the small nickel sized silver disk some where inside the case) out for about thirty minutes and that reset default settings.
    Good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2007, 04:15 PM
    You need to contact Toshiba. The battery trick won't work on a laptop. See this thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...t=toshiba+bios

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Bios password [ 13 Answers ]

Please someone give me a toshiba bios backdoor password, My bios are password protected and I don't remember the password . :confused:

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

How do I get into by BIOS? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I would like to change my boot sequence so that my computer will try to boot from CD-ROM first. I have done everything in last few days to get into BIOS (F1, F2, F9, F10, shift-control-del... ) but wasn't successful. Can anyone help me? I have a COMPAQ Presario notebook 1715CA. My...

Bios [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have an IBM laptop computer (Type 2656) and the system board crashed so I lost all my info. I have insurance so I sent it to get fixed. My problem is that since IBM places their recovery information on a partitioned part of my hard drive... I now do not have it. My hard drive has been...

View more questions Search