Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetbaby Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Volume in hair. Helppp
    Hey my hair is very thin and with no volume

I love volumsing hair because it looks good at me, I've triend blow drying my hair upside down but it has volume just about 30min and than with no volume. I've tried teasing but it doesn't helps me either.

Can somebody please show me how to have volume in my hair, but I don't want any products because they really damage my hair.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 12:03 PM

It's not possible to get more volume without products. Products don't damage hair---blowdryers, curling irons, and straightners do.

The easiest way to accomplish volume is to put mousse in your hair when its wet, blowdryer upside down with a round brush and when flipped over spray some hair spray and voilą!

Oct 23, 2009, 12:06 PM

Thnxx but they really do damage my hair and every time I use products my hair starts falling out.. Thanks anyway
    Vision Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 12:11 PM

That's not normal, you should see a doctor about that. Hair products don't make hair fall out if your hair is healthy.

Oct 23, 2009, 12:16 PM

No its nothing my mum has the same problem and she went to a doctor about 5 times and they said to her that's nothing just allergy.

But if you know how to have volume in my hair NATURALLY please tell me.
    Vision Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 12:20 PM

You are dealt the hand that you were dealt, which is flat hair. You can always braid it at night, so its fluffy in the morning. Or put curlers in at night, and brush out in the morning.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 12:57 PM

I wonder if it's just the products you've tried? What if you looked in stores that sell more natural products? Like aveda? Or I think I might have seen some at sephora maybe. Chihuahuamama is correct, there's little you can do to create volume without product. The curlers in the hair at night is a great idea. Sometimes braids can just come out frizzy, but if you're hair is thin enough that might work out OK.

Oct 24, 2009, 02:27 AM

Hmm don't know, I'm from Europe ( Albania ) and there are not as many products for hair as in usa.

I've colored my hair dark brown and it made my hair kind of thicker, and I colour my hair every month now. I don't know if colouring my hair this much will make my hair damaged :S.

Thnxx for trying to help me
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 09:38 AM

Yes, it can damage you hair. Are you having it professionally done? I've heard that having it done professionally damages it less than if you do it at home. And I've noticed I get more split ends if I dye my hair too many times and don't trim it after I dye it. I'm surprised you can handle dying your hair but not using product. If it's an allergy, again, look at what the ingredients are in the products that make you hair fall out and look for products without those same ones.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
    I'm from Europe ( Albania ) and there are not as many products for hair as in USA.

I've colored my hair dark brown and it made my hair kind of thicker, and I colour my hair every month now. I don't know if colouring my hair this much will make my hair damaged
    Yes, over-dyeing hair will damage it to the point of breakage. When you touch-up your roots, dye only the roots. Don't comb the dye through to the ends. The repeated treatment of the same sections of the hair with dye is what is causing your hair to break.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helppp.its killing me [ 7 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor for that as I wanted them to think that I...

Grow the hair volume [ 1 Answers ]

Hello friends I'm facing severe hairfall from some time and now bald patches are getting common Please suggest me the remedy to grow the hair volume:(

Helppp amm ii? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to get pregnant and I had my period dec 4-7 and ever since I got off my peropd I have had unprotected sex and today dec 30 I had brownish stuff then light blood and I put a tampon in because I thought I was going to satrt bleedin and I just went to the bathroom and there was only...

Belly button helppp ! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm planning on getting my belly button done soon! Because my mom's going to get another tattoo and she said I could get my navel pierced. I just have a couple quick questions for you's who have gotten them done. If you could pleasee answer themm!! 1.) What is a reasonable price...

Helppp! [ 1 Answers ]

Someone please help me!! Why is the idea of "sucking" up water with a straw misleading? How does the rubber suction cup on a dart work? Would such darts work in space?

View more questions Search