Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 12:01 AM
    Getting a car jump
    HI there,

So I have a question. I've had to get my car jumped five times this month. There was a full service tune-up in June that verified that my battery was okay. What could be the issue? It's a 1997 Kia Sportage.
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Oct 22, 2009, 12:32 AM

I would see if your battery conections are on tight.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 01:23 AM

Could be your alternator, Most big auto parts stores well test that for free, just takes a few minutes. Good luck
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 01:26 AM
    How old is your battery? Maybe it just recently got so weak as to not allow your car to crank. Are the connections to the battery corroded?

You should go to an auto parts store. They can check your battery again, and replace it for you if needed.

It's never safe to have a car that may strand you somewhere at the mercy of strangers.
    freedhardwoods Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Oct 22, 2009, 03:00 AM
    Iwould do all that has been suggested so far. All 3 are fairly easy. That will either fix it or narrow down the search quite a bit.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2009, 06:04 AM

This link should help you identify the exact problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1973613

Be careful jumping your battery. It's easy for a voltage spike to fry your ECM, alternator, or sensors. It has happened to many people on this site and repairs are costly. I don't recommend jumping modern-day vehicles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't jump anymore [ 2 Answers ]

My small beagle mix has not been jumping up on the furniture like she used to. She tries and yelps sometimes, not all. This started about 3 weeks. Ago. She still runs in backyard with my other beagle, goes on evening walks as before also. She is slightly overweight, I have changed her to Iams...

Please Help Me With My Vertical Jump [ 10 Answers ]

OK so here's how it goes. I'm a 13 year old male. I'm 5' 7" tall. I have a 19" vertical jump. I play basketball and do track (highjumping, longjump , sprints). My goal is to at very least touch the rim by next basketball season. I know I am capable of doing this so I was just wondering...

How can I jump higher? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I jump higher? Are high leapers born or made? Is it too late for me to become a pretty good player now that I'm 23? Am I starting training too late?

My dog won't jump down unassisted! [ 1 Answers ]

I have two small dogs, and they always jump up on the furniture. In the last couple of days, my Papillon has acted really strange about getting down from the sofa or the bed (both are only about a foot off the ground). She jumps up just fine, but when she wants to get down she stands at the end...

View more questions Search