Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ishqgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 11:48 PM
    My husband drinks alcohol when I'm trying to get pregnant!
    Need your advice, is it okay if my husband drinks beer or alcohol when I'm trying to get pregnant? If conception happens during this time, I'm afraid it will harm my baby.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 12:16 AM

How much is he drinking? I googles a few articles. I think you may find this one helpful. Alcohol in moderation shouldn't cause a problem. Excessive alcohol consumption probably will though. Although, if you're trying to get pregnant with a man who is drinking in excess often enough to prevent you from being able to get pregnant I would have to question your judgement. I also noticed you said "when i'm trying to get pregnant." seeing as if you do get pregnant, you'll be bringing an entire new little person into the world, a pretty huge commitment, it's very important that the father is involved in the decision. Are you BOTH trying for a baby?

Healthy Sperm
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 21, 2009, 12:26 PM

If he's drinking moderate amounts (not over doing it) his sperm count and your baby shouldn't have any ill effects.

This would be a good question for your doctor as well. Everyone is different and if you've been trying a long while (1 year) without results, fertility testing is generally recommended.
    gemms86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 05:46 AM
    He drinks 2 or 3 bottles everyday. And we first met each other in 2007, and we got to know each other first and then got in engaged and then got married in 2008. And we've had sex since 2007 until 2010, and I can't get pregnant at all. I think I've got a major problem...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 09:09 AM

Is this 2 or 3 bottles of beer or 2 or 3 bottles of something harder like vodka? Have you talked with your dr yet? You may have some fertility problems, or it could be him. Only a dr could help you determine which it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to know if I am Pregnant. My husband won't like it. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married only 4 months. He's not ready to start our family yet. However, we had sex just three days after my period. Usually we use a condom but he didn't want to and instead he pulled out- only he didn't pull out in enough time so some got in me. I'm curious on if I could...

Influence of weed and alcohol on getting pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

We been trying for 1 year know and a bit more.. but no good news... I keep thinking that maybe because I like to have a drink some time and smoke a little weed (he really only smoke weed)that this is getting to be a problem.. I would like to know what are the influence of weed and drinking on...

My husband had an affair and she might be pregnant [ 12 Answers ]

My husband had an affair and now the girl might be pregnant. If she is pregnant, there is a 50/50% chance that it is my husband's because it might be her current boyfriends also. My husband and I are trying to work things out, he said this was the biggest mistake and he regrets it because they...

Pregnant Husband [ 13 Answers ]

Not sure where to have posted this. But for all you woman who keep saying to their hubbys that they wish they could go through pregnancy, I offer this: Pregnant husband - ParentDish

Pregnant alcohol [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I recently found out she's pregnant (just over a month). About two weeks ago we had a lot of wine with friends and my wife was very drunk. Now she is worried that it may affect the foetus. Any words of wisdom? All thoughts appreciated!

View more questions Search