Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheryld053 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 04:42 PM
    Early withdraw 401k
    I am 56. If I leave my job and use my 401k to pay off a bankruptcy what kind of penelties am I going to have to pay.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2009, 05:09 PM

You won't have to pay penalties, but you will pay taxes.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 10:13 AM

If your bankrupt, why would you leave your job?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k early withdraw penalties [ 16 Answers ]

I am considering quiting my present job and using my 401k money to open a business and was wondering what percentage of the balance that I would be subject to loose?

401K early withdraw [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost my job and need to get all of my money out of my 401k plan. How much is the penalty and how much tax do I have to pay on my money which I withdraw. Which is about $40,000

401k early withdraw [ 2 Answers ]

Hello does anyone know what the penelty would be on $3,100 taking out of a 401k early? What would be the % taken out? Thank you, Robert

Pentalies to withdraw from 401k early [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks everyone in advance. I need some additional funds to pay down some debt $11/k. Not mortgage related. I have about $75/k in my current 401/k account. I am trying to figure out if I can take funds out of my 401k and if so what would be the pentalty for doing so. I live in MN Thanks ...

401k early total withdraw [ 8 Answers ]

I'm leaving my current company and want to cash out my 401k so that I can purchase a reliable vehicle for my next job. If I have a total of 10,000 in my 401k how much would I receive when I cash out and how much would I owe in penalties? I live in Florida. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search