Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tulip_ace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Water Meter Running
    I just had my water meter changed, the last one stops rotating, but the new meter hand keeps on rotating even if all the faucets are closed. I checked for the leaks, but I couldn't find any, there are no warping on my bamboo flooring, the tiles on my bathroom and on the kitchen are all dry when it is left overnight. Do you think my water meter is defective? The water company says their water meter is calibrated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 20, 2009, 05:11 AM
    If the small hand in the meter's running then you have a hidden leak somewhere. Let's see if we can localize it. Shut the house shut off down. If the meter still runs then the leak's in the water service between the meter and the house. If the meter stops running then the leak's inside your house. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To have water meter replaced and water tuned back on [ 1 Answers ]

This is a small 16 family condo in Sanford Florida I had an issue where my HOA president in sanford Florida my tenant of having multiple families in a 2 bedroom condo. The tenant and myself responded to the HOA and let them know that it was not so. He then had a lawyer write to me and charged me...

Running 2 100 amp breaker boxes on 200 amp meter base [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 100 amp breaker boxes,but the meter base is 100 amp.Wanting to put 200 amp metet service with disconnect box.Can some one tell me if this is possible.and how you would connect the 2 breaker boxes to the disconnect box.Thank you

Water Meter [ 13 Answers ]

My water meter has been running up huge charges, and is twice - three times what it should be. Searched everywhere for leaks, but there are none. A guy told me that if we have air in the lines, this could cause our meter to false read. Now we do have air in the lines. You can hear it as it comes...

No water coming out of faucets but meter is running like crazy [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling a vacant house, I just purchased and the water utilities company came out to turn water meter on and discovered that my water meter is running like crazy. There is no water coming out of the faucets inside the house anywhere. The house has been vacant for one year. What do you think...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search