Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Flabby stomach
    I am 28, 5'5" and 125 lbs, 36 inch waist. (which is the same measurement for my bust and hips)

I gained some weight from my pregnancy. It's been 14 months, and I have lost the weight, but I still have a big flabby stomach. That hangs over the waistband of whatever Im wearing making it look even bigger. I can grab a handful in both hands quite easily.

I have lost 20 lbs since I had the baby but it does not show on my stomach at all. It's still the same size it was after the swelling went down. And I'm at a loss of what to do about it. I do cardio 3-5 times a week, strength train 3-4 times a week, stretching daily. I don't eat the best but I don't eat a lot of junk food. Between my 2 kids they got 4 large buckets of candy and 4 days later I've only had 1 piece. I've done a lot of cardio and a lot of crunches and ab exercises. I can feel good muscle tone under the gut, but the layer of flab hasn't decreased even 1/2 inch.

I've never had a weight problem before, so I just did a lot of guessing on losing it like adding more cardio and ab excerses. Im only wanting to lose a few inches. 4 is ideal, but I could live with 3. What am I doing wrong?

Is it possible that my belly flab is excess skin that won't go away? I don't remember exactly how much weight that I gained for my 2nd pregnancy, but the first one I got up to 150-160ish maybe. I have a short torso so my stomach got very big and the tight all the time towards the end of both pregnancies.
    mnaznguy Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Dec 5, 2006, 03:49 AM
    Eating healthy could be the thing holding you back from your goals. I know people who cut out soda from their diet, and lose 5-10 lbs. It's amazing how much your diet can affect your weight. I would really suggest jogging also. I don't know what kind of cardio you do, but make sure you work out hard. ( I know many people who "work out" at a gym, but they don't get a work out) . Also, with cardio, if you don't push yourself, your body gets used to the amount of exercise and you need to do more or work harder to keep getting results.
    BabyBruchie Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Dec 5, 2006, 05:54 AM
    If its skin and it sagged it would be that way unless you do some medical intervention to the situation. Exercise and firming creams may help but it won't do that much to bring it back to where it was before. :(
    BartsDiamond Posts: 33, Reputation: 2
    -

Dec 20, 2007, 02:43 PM
    I know everyone is probably getting tired of me saying this but you may have a DIASTASIS RECTI. This is a separation of the front abdominal muscles that happen during pregnancy and in up to 98% of patients the diastasis does not close. You have to do special exercises to decrease the diastasis and in severe cases you can only get rid of it by having a tummy tuck (cringe). I have one (I am currently Pregnant) from before and the doctor said she will try to close it somewhat when I have my C-Section but then there are still no guarantees. Look up "The Tupler Technique" and you should get some answers. I have been doing research on this condition for MONTHS. There is also another exercise that can reduce this called the "stomach vacuum". Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach [ 2 Answers ]

Good day! I have a problem with my stomach I believe.Its like every time I drink up or eat something I get this moving weird feeling in my stomach.In that very moment I can not breath properly. It especially occurs when I get excited.. Has anyone got idea what tha might be?

Stomach aches [ 1 Answers ]

My 10 year old son has been complaining of a stomach ache. It started in the upper right area and moved to lower right and now this morning when he got up, it seems more central. He has complained before this on several occasions but it just went away. It has been a constant pain which gets...

Stomach Problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have been getting an upset stomach for several years, but the catch is it only comes at night when Im lying down, next day Im up and fine just to do it all over again the next night. What is this?:(

Stomach Problems! [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I had the stumach flu about 2 months ago, my stomach has been reacting very differently. Throughout each day I usually have a small pain in my stomach, and when I start to think about my stomach it starts hurting worse; or when I get nervous about something, it gets to my stomach and I...

Stomach Problems [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 year old daughter has severe stomach aches... her doctors have found nothing physically wrong after x-rays, CT scans, blood work etc... Every night for the past week she is in great pain, also during the day but not as bad. Has anyone had a simillar problem? Please help. Thanks Bob

View more questions Search