Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bambis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 12:49 PM
    How to blend body lotions to whiten the skin?
    Hey ,
    Does anyone of you guys know to make their own whitening cream just by mixing different lotion, like baby lotion+ vitamine e + fair and white lotion and so to get a nice , clean and unified skin tone?? PLEASE GUYS GIVE ME SOME RECIPES??
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 17, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Maybe you should try Skinactives.com they have vials of active ingredients you can add to your lotion or maybe even add to your Fair and White lotion to make it stronger.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2009, 04:21 PM

Yes if it's dry, ingredient, mix it into a little hot water first then into your cream.

For the few ones that are totally not water soluble, u could use some Vodka as per DIY :)

I would start with arbutin and retin-A, but retin-A is prescription not avail as raw material, so you would still have to buy Retin-A cream and blend it into your cream.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Yes if it's dry, ingredient, mix it into alittle hot water first then into your cream.

For the few ones that are totally not water soluble, u could use some Vodka as per DIY :)
    I don't think you should use vodka to dilute and melt the active. Depending if the active ingredient is water-soluble or oil-soluble, along with required temperature for the melting point, and the proper ph. Best to ask the manufacture or chemist for the best advice for the specific active ingredient, in order to receive the best results. If an alcohol is required, usually cetyl, stearyl, cetearyl, etc alcohols are used. Not vodka nor rubbing alcohol. Alcohol In Skin Care Products ? Do They Harm The Skin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to blend light patches of skin [ 14 Answers ]

I used a product called mega blast from the company "world of entertainment". I used their cream for 2 and a half weeks until I noticed light patches of skin forming on my face and I stopped immediately. The service reps said that I may have been applying it too heeavily and too often. My question...

How to whiten underarm and to prevent from body odor [ 2 Answers ]

What are the tips to help me whiten my underarm and to prevent from body odor? During my high school days I've experienced an allergy on my underarm and it becomes reddish to darker color and it's really hard for me to whiten my underarm and there is also bad odor due to excessive sweating. What...

Lotions and body creams [ 1 Answers ]

How do I start to make my own body lotions and creams?

View more questions Search