Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckneedham Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Panic attacks
    I have really bad panic attacks due to my fear of being sick. I constantly think there could be something wrong with me. I suffer with really bad catarrh in my throat and worry it will make me sick. The attacks are ruling me completely, sometimes they last through the night and I constantly feel on edge for up to a week! I have them nearly everyday and I have completely had enough. Help!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Hi, beckneedham!

Do you live alone or with someone, please?

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2009, 09:33 AM
    I live with my mum, dad and brother.
    But they are all getting really fed up because I'm constantly upset or on edge! :(
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 09:47 AM

There is anti depressant medication that has been proved to be very effective for many people.
    You need to see a doctor.Along with medication,you would also benefit from talk therapy.
    This is a medical problem and needs to be addressed by a doctor.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 10:50 PM
    There are very effective techniques to control panic attacks.

There is also medication that can be taken short term until you get them under control.

I agree, you need to see a doctor. Please speak to your parents and ask them to make an appointment for you.

You won't look back once you do!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Hi again, beckneedham!

I agree with the others about you needing to see a doctor. Have you been to a doctor about this previously, please?

Thanks!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:33 PM
    The best suggestion you'll get here is for you to go to a doctor.

May GOD give you strength and peace.
    mike007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 05:18 AM

I find a lot of good info about how to treat panic attacks how to treat panic attacks and it helped me a lot!

Oct 22, 2009, 11:30 AM
    I've been to the doctors and I've been referred for cognitive behavioural therapy :) x
    nothingisright Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 02:19 PM

As stated, there's a lot of antidepressants out there that deal with anxiety and panic disorders. Here's the list for you to look at. List of antidepressants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Your doctor should know which one is best suited for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panic attacks [ 14 Answers ]

I think I have panic attacks, so I looked up some of the feelings that you can get from them and so on... um turns out everything that I'm feeling is pretty much what they said some signs of panic attacks are. They also run in the family, both of my parents get them, my aunt, and my grandparents......

Panic attacks [ 13 Answers ]

For some reason every night for like the past 3 weeks I've had them and I'm on medicene now. Before I only had them maybe a few times a month or so. Its always been off and on but lately its been really really bad. Is there a way to get yourself to calm down from it? I seem OK when I forget it but...

Panic attacks? [ 3 Answers ]

S/O says he has panic attacks well been less then 6 months and he has broken ribs again I suspect asthma anyone here got any clues, also got large red circle in center of his chest grown larger as time goes by kind of remins me of ring worm but its not.

Panic Attacks [ 3 Answers ]

I am having panic attacks recently. I have to cut off at least one utility for some time to afford to have some dental work done. I think the cost will be between $500-$1,000, or more, from past experience. First, I'm going to cut off cable TV which I'm addicted to-I'm homebound and it is my...

Panic Attacks [ 1 Answers ]

My ten year old Brittany male, adopted 18 months ago, has had a thunder phobia that he's gotten much better about over time. Twice in the past three months he's had panic attacks when the weather was perfectly fine and there was nothing new or unusual in our home or routine. The other night he...

View more questions Search