Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeyb1982 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Packard bell 1200 software
    Hi I have a packard bell 1200 flatbed scanner with install disk I ave recently bought a new laptop with windows vista pre installed but my scanner doesn't work on vista any ideas where I can get the software compatible for vista many thanks
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 07:46 AM

Ha similar situation with a cannon scanner, what I did was to use the browse button when installing the scanner through
    -control panel, Scanner and Cameras
    -click on ad add device
    -click next
    -Click have disk
    -choose the browse button
    -browse the cd till you find the folder with the exact drivers that would be needed for XP (may have to try a couple of folder) and click OK

It may install or you may get the no drivers found windows

If this does not work out, there would be no drivers for vista as none were made (updated) for that model since vista came out

Can only try, at first this would not work on my system but eventually it took the drivers and scanner is working and scanner is 9 yrs old (long before vista)

Oct 16, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    ha similar situation with a cannon scanner, what I did was to use the browse button when installing the scanner through
    -control panel, Scanner and Cameras
    -click on ad add device
    -click next
    -Click have disk
    -choose the browse button
    -browse the cd till you find the folder with the exact drivers that would be needed for XP (may have to try a couple of folder) and click OK

It may install or you may get the no drivers found windows

If this does not work out, there would be no drivers for vista as none were made (updated) for that model since vista came out

Can only try, at first this would not work on my system but eventually it took the drivers and scanner is working and scanner is 9 yrs old (long before vista)
    GREAT your info worked many thanks. I was thinking I needed to go out and buy another scanner but thanks to you there is no need many thanks for the info

Oct 16, 2009, 02:15 PM
    THANKS very much for the info it worked a treat many thanks
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 03:00 PM

Glad you got it working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus [ 6 Answers ]

Am having problems with my Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus, my CD have scratches and no longer works; tried to download the setup file off www.packardbell.com/support/downloads but the file I downloaded detects that the scanner is connected but I can not scan. I receive this message instead when...

Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am experiencing some problems with my scanner, a packard bell diamond 1200 plus. It has been working fine for months however when I recently came to use it, a message came up saying it could not locate the scanner and that it is not connected to the PC. I checked it and it is connected and...

Packard bell 1200+scanner [ 1 Answers ]

A friend gave me packard bell scanner1200+without the cd to install in my laptop xp window. When I download the drivers still not working. But the green light is on. Please what do I do to make it work.

Packard Bell Diamond 1200 Plus [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I've recently bought a new laptop which has Windows Vista 32 OS. I have tried to install the software to run my Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus scanner but the disc is only for XP. I have run a system check on the driver and the scanner operates but I need the software to run it. Can you help....

View more questions Search