Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charliesdad93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Multiple motion sensors
    I would like to have 2 possibly 3 motion sensors operating 1 fixture, is this possible without buying special sensors or logic?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 11:09 AM

Yes
    Attached Images

Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2009, 01:41 PM

HK's drawing is your circuit, can have as many motions as you want, all must be on same circuit, and Bulbs can't exceed the load of the smallest detector(300 watts/600 watts, )
    You could actually have a Motion with floods mounted at each corner, and if any detect motion, all bulbs will lite. The red from each motion need to be connected together from each fixture and to each bulb socket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add two motion sensors to existing light circuit? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a circuit with a single switch connected to four outdoor lights. I would like to add two motion sensors so that either of them will trigger the lights to go on. Can someone please help me with suggestions and/or a wiring diagram? The motion sensors I have are like this one: Link. They...

Multiple motion sensors [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if this can even be done. I have some low voltage landscaping path lights that I want to come on when somebody approches the stairs. That part I have now problem running the motion through the GFI that kicks on the transformer. The problem is I need to have two motion sensors, this...

Can you use 2, 3-way Leviton PR180 motion sensors together? [ 17 Answers ]

I am thinking of ventilating 2 separate bathrooms with one attic-mounted Panasonic inline fan. I wanted to install a timer in bathroom A and a timer in bathroom B to control the fan. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a 3-way timer. The idea of using 2 timers in a parallel circuit crossed...

Motion sensors on 3 way switch [ 5 Answers ]

First I apologize for my terminology. I have a switch a the bottom of the stairs and one at the top of the stairs. They both control the same light fixture. I think this is called a 3 way switch? My real question: I bought 2 levition motion switches that state they work with 3 way switches. The...

View more questions Search