Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsimms05 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Unsure gallbladder/pregnancy
    I am now 6 weeks late for my last period. I have been having all the signs of being pregnant, low back pain/abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea escpecially at night and in the morning sometimes its so bad I don't want to get out of bed. I am always tired and I get enough sleep. I have taken several urine pregnancy tests and a blood tests which were all negative. My doctor thinks that I am having problems with my gallbladder and wants to do a gallbladder ultrasound to see if that's what the problem is. My problem is is that I don't have any insurance and can't afford to have an ultrasound done. Plus I still think that I am pregnant. What should I do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 04:56 PM

You don't have to have an ultra sound done to see if your gall bladder is malfunctioning. A simple blood test can be done instead and it's much, much cheaper. Wonder where that guy went to med school? Ask for the blood test. That's how I was diagnosed with gallbladder problems. An ultra sound is performed later once a proper blood test is confirmed. He's putting the cart before the horse.

Oct 9, 2009, 05:09 PM

What kind of blood test is it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 05:42 PM

It measures the output of your gallbladder. Don't know the name of this test but I had the test 2X so I know it exists. You need a RX for it to be performed though.

If you have sharp pain in your upper right back area under the shoulder blades - then I'd take a guess it's your gallbladder. I had pain so bad there I had to lay down. It was after lunch one day and I was in agony.

I reread your symptoms and I'm leaning more towards being pregnant than the gallbladder gone bad.

Also, does gallbladder problems run in your family? My mom had problems when she was 42. I had my gallbladder out at age 41.

Do you eat a lot of TV dinners with high fat content also?

I never had nausea in the AM with my gallbladder problem.

Go online and read the symptoms of a bad gallbladder and see if those symptoms match yours or not. There aren't that many of them.

Oct 9, 2009, 09:59 PM

OK Ill have to ask the doctor about the blood test. Also I don't eat any TV dinners. I do eat out a lot. And my grandma had her gallbladder taken out but I don't think my parents did

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I am over 2 weeks late for my period and have been tired, and have been constipated. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests since I have missed my period. And they have all been negative. I am also losing my job so I don't know if its just stress or not. My husband and I have been trying to have another...

Pregnancy or implantation bleeding, unsure [ 1 Answers ]

I need help, well I have I 6 yrs old daughter,after having my daughter me and my husband we have tried for more kids, 1 or two... I have had two miscarriages after having my daughter'' I am scared'' after two miscarriages... well we have trying my ovulation date was march 19, we had sex march...

Unsure of pregnancy [ 70 Answers ]

Hi I have an important question... I was severely under the influence, and had unprotected sex with my friend and he ejaculated twice inside of me... this happened on Friday and its only Monday, but I'm really stressing about it. I know I have a high chance of being pregnant but is there a good...

Unsure of chances of pregnancy [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant or not. I am on the nuva ring and have been for 7 months. My boyfriend is in iraq and was recently home on leave. He usually withdrawals, but one time he stayed inside me when he came. When he pulled out afterwards, my ring fell out onto his stomach. I took my ring out...

Gallbladder Hell! [ 5 Answers ]

I've been to see my GP and I'm now awaiting a scan to confirm the diagnosis that the pain I am suffering is from my gallbladder. Actually my GP is a little worried bcause I'm 37 and in his view too young to have gallstones. The good news is the scan will be considered 'urgent' and UK national...

View more questions Search