Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Will her feeling change?
    Well my girlfriend and I have been dating for 2 years now. Everything is going great. The only problem is she is younger then me and I'm in the military. She hasn't decided if she want to go to college or join the military yet. She said that if she gets accpected into college that she would go to the close one to me. I would like to know if as time passes on will her feeling about me change? Will they become stronger or will they get weekier?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 06:42 PM
    There's no way to predict the future. Just focus on building a stronger relationship now. Enjoy the time that you spend together. The reason you feel so insecure is because your relationship isn't very strong.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 06:43 PM
    I have no idea. If everything is going great at the moment, why are you concerned?
    A4Effort Posts: 486, Reputation: 35

Oct 8, 2009, 06:45 PM

Well if she goes to college then she will be bombared with new people, friendships, life styles, etc... This might make her want to be single and explore life on her own. That's what happened to me. But I think it all depends on her. She might be committed and be totally OK with being in a relationship as she explores college. Things will come up that will challenge the relationship but I think as long as you are able to work effectively through it you will have a successful relationship. It could even make your relationship stronger. I think there are two sides to this and you have to take a look at both of them. There will be risk involved and you have to decide if its worth it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 07:46 PM
    I think you need to look at this realistically. No matter what she chooses or where she goes, you will end up in a long distance relationship at some point in time (if you aren't already.) Communication and trust are two extremely important requirements to keeping the relationship viable.

IF she choses to go to college, she can only try to pick one near where you are stationed. There is no guarantee that you will still be stationed there when/while she is in college and she can't just pick up and change colleges to follow you across the world.

If she goes into the military, then both of you are the mercy of deployment and limited contact.

There is no way to predict how a person's emotions will deal with a long term relationship. For some couples, the challenge brings them closer together. For others, they find that they end up drifting apart because their lives are so different.

I would suggest that you live in the present and work on building good communication skills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why?

Not feeling well [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it that some mornings I wake up felling like I have a hangover and I don't even drink?

How to know what she is really feeling [ 30 Answers ]

Hi, Surprise, another dating split up Story. I have been with my ex girlfriend for over 3 years and last month she said she wanted time to sort things out. I found out her brother moved out of home and she was having issues at her job and her friends were causing trouble for her. (I don't know...

I've been feeling a bit.off. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I always feel really awkward bringing stuff up with my doctor because I don't want him to think that every little thing out of the ordinary I find I need to tell him, so do think there's anything he would care about knowing? I'm a 15 year old female. Lately I've been a little off and...

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

View more questions Search