Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meandmybabygirls99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 05:18 PM
    DNA Testing
    My ex is listed as the father of my daughter on her birth cretificate... can I request a DNA test and if it is proven that she is not his can anything be donw to me cause she is not his?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 07:48 PM
    Is this 'ex' you speak of an ex-husband or only an ex-boyfriend? If you were married to him at the time of birth, then legally he is presumed to be the father and doesn't have to submit to a DNA test if he doesn't want to, in which case he will forever legally be the father. If you weren't married to him it still might be pretty hard to get him to submit to a DNA test if he doesn't want to run the risk of losing his paternal rights. If he were to be proven to not be the father, nothing will happen to you legally, except that you won't continue to receive child support from him if you have been and may even have to repay any child support you've already received from him. You'll then have to track down the biological father and file a motion for an adjudication of paternity and establishment of a child support order. Morally, I'm sure a lot of people will find your actions reprehensible in that you allowed this person (and your child) to believe that he was the father when in fact he isn't, so be prepared for a lot of potentially unpleasant fallout from that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dna Testing [ 10 Answers ]

Can you have someone take a DNA test while in Jail? Can you have someone sign a birth certificate while in Jail?

Dna [ 1 Answers ]

Can DNA material be extracted from feces?

Testing [ 1 Answers ]

Test post.

Just testing [ 6 Answers ]

Any help would be great. Two story home, 2 bath built in 1990 upstairs; bottom shower and sink built in 2000. Live near swampland, and have well. New water softener 2 months ago. Read a thread that when bypass is put on softener and water comes out better, then possibly a clog somewhere? The lucky...

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search