Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carl80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Siren-type noise coming from outside filter
    I recently had the outside water filter changed (I live in a mobile home). Now, whenever I run water or flush toilets, a loud noise comes from the filter. I am handicapped and need to know how to fix it.

Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 12:22 PM

Sounds like a gasket was not installed correctly and is now vibrating. Ask whoever installed the filter to take another run at it paying particular attention to the gasket. Could also be debris but less likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What type and size air filter for ruud furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello- I was changing the filters in my mom's furnaces in her house. When I got under the crawlspace, the furnace filter cover says that the filter is a permanent type. There was no filter in it at all and I need to know what kind goes in it. It is a ruud model #RCBA 2457GG14 with a serial #...

Siren noise at end of furnace cycle. [ 5 Answers ]

My furnace makes almost a siren sound when it shuts off, I can hear it through my return. What is this and how do I fix it? P.S. It also makes the big bang sound at the end of the cycle but I've read a bit about that.

Bad odor (methane-type) coming from toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I hope someone can help us finally solve our odor issue! About a year ago, we noticed a bad odor coming from the toilet. It smells like methane. Sometimes it is not so bad (can barely smell it) and other times it is HORRIBLE. It usually smells the worst in the morning, especially...

Tempstar 5000 - makes noise/water near filter [ 6 Answers ]

I just moved into this condo so I don't know what I have that works or needs maintenance. My Tempstar 5000 AC had a nasty filter. I had to make a custom one to fit and when I pulled the old one out, I felt some water with my fingers. I don't think the AC was used for a long time. There was also...

View more questions Search