Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SethKiley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 02:42 PM
    scientific notation wwith significant figures
    how many significant figures does the answer to (1.36x10-5)x(5.02x10-2) have?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2009, 06:05 PM

Both numbers have 3 significant figures. The result should also have 3 significant figures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scientific Notation [ 3 Answers ]

How to write in scientific notation using 3 significant digits? 1) 7.2*10^5 divided by (3.1*10^2)(1.5*10^-4) 2) (1.791*10^2)(9.81*10^3) 3) (1.23*10^-4)(4.52*10^-3)

How to do scientific notation and work with significant figures, any helpful tips? [ 1 Answers ]

I am desperately trying to stay ahead in my chemistry class and need help Were are currently working on scientific notation and I somewhat get it but am still confused. I get lost sometimes when I try putting it into expanded form and where the decimal goes And also scientific notation with...

Significant figures [ 5 Answers ]

In significant figures how is last digit of measiremsnt usually determinde

How Do You Do Scientific Notation? [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! I don't know how to do this scientific notation stuff. Look, I AM NOT searching on this thing for ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS. I am searching this place for GUIDANCE with these questions. Just PLEASE tell me how you do this and how you get all these stinkin' zeroes! Here's the things that are...

View more questions Search