Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bob_mcleod3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Tail Lights, Dash and Gear Lights not working (91 Ford Laser)
    Hi, I hope someone here can help.

My tail / dash / gear lights are not functioning. My brake and headlights are fine. I have done a little research on a few sites and found out that all 3 are connected to the same fuse, so I checked my fuses. But they look fine (kept reading about how to go about testing them but didn't understand). Sometimes, rarely though, when I first turn the engine on, the dash/gear lights will be dimly on for 1-2sec, then off again. I really need to get this fixed, and at the lowest possible cost. I have a week to do so.

Unfortunately, the cover with all the labels of the fuse box near the driver's seat has been lost, which makes it a lot harder, especially when I have no idea about car fuses and their right locations. I got my uncle to have a look earlier today, he looked at all the fuses to check they were OK (seemed so), but in the process, it seems he must have put a fuse in the wrong spot because not my indicators aren't working, along with the original problems.

Here are some pictures, hope they can help:

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Kane
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 07:33 PM

. Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

It appears a 15A fuse is missing in the under hood fuse box (next to the 20A fuse). One at a time, remove and clean the under hood fuses with abrasive cloth or steel wool, after disconnecting the negative battery cable.

. Remove and fully charge/replace the battery. Many auto parts stores will test/charge batteries for free.

. Check/replace the ignition switch and harness for wear, pitting, or melting:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...gnition+switch

My bet is that the ignition switch is the primary culprit and needs replacing. Be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail light, dashboard lights, gear lights not working [ 11 Answers ]

My dashboard , tail lights are not working anymore and I can't figure out why. I gave my car to one of the mechanic and he could'nt figure it out as well. There was a tingy smell coming out of the car after lights went out as if something in the car got fried. Moreover, now he says that whenever he...

My 2003 ford explorer tail lights will not go off when I turn off the truck [ 9 Answers ]

My 2003 ford explorer's tail lights stay on when I turn the truck off. How do I fix this problem?

'01 Ford Taurus dash lights are in-op [ 2 Answers ]

Got a big problem guys. Dash lights on ny car have gone out. I do not have an owners manual to check fuse box diagram. Does this sound like a fuse problem or a IPC problem of a bulb replacement? All the aoter lights on the vehicle work fine. The interior lights still dimmer and lighten as normal....

1995 Ford Exploreer Tail Lights not working [ 2 Answers ]

My tail lights have stopped working on my 11995 Ford Explorer. The turn signals work and the headlights work. In looking at the manual there is no fuse listed for the taillights. Does anyone know which fuse is for the taillights?

View more questions Search