Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wantswhatsbest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 08:47 AM
    How can I get my son's fathers parental rights taken from him?
    I understand that there has to be a period of no child support or visitation? My son will be 3 next week and his father has been dealing with a drug habit since he was born (which I found out about after he was born). He is currently behind about $6,000 in child support, the only payments that have ever been received were court ordered. My son's father has not attempted to contact or see my son since June 28th, 2009. Since we split in September, 2007, he has maybe visited with my son MAYBE 15-20 times total.

How much time has to go by without contact or support before I can legally do something about it? I do not wish to collect support from him, I do not feel that is in my son's best interest as I said before, my son's father is a drug addict. He does not show interest in our son, he cannot properly take care of my son during his 2 hour visitation sessions (which he never stays the full 2 hours when he does visit). These visitations have to be supervised because he cannot be trusted.

Thank you,
    Wants what's best

:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 29, 2009, 08:51 AM
    This sticky should cover it.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 29, 2009, 08:51 AM

1. Get a lawyer.
    2. Have a husband willing to adopt your son
    3. PROVE that your ex is a danger to the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I get my son's biological father's parental rights relinquished [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Washington State and am seeking information on ending the parental rights of my son's biological Father. My son is 14 years old and has had no contact with his B.F. for 10 years. His Father is not required nor can be required to pay child support due to a type of Social security he is...

Having my son's biological fathers rights revoked [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 1/2 year old son his biological father has been in prison for almost 3 of those years, he is a known drug addict, and convicted sex offender (I did not know that at the time of conception) he has seen my son all of 4 times and has never tried to change his life for the better, my husband...

How to terminate my son's biological fathers rights without his consent [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so just a little background about my situation... My ex and I were together for 5 years.. I tell him I'm pregnant and he tells me that it's not his and leaves. I went through the whole pregnancy by myself and he wasn't even there when my son was born. Public Aid made me go through paternity to...

Do I have any parental rights if my name is not on my son's birth certificate? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I need to know if I have any parental rights if my name is not on my son's birth certificate but, he has my last name. His mother is going to let another man adopt my son and I need to know if I have any rights as the father.

Fathers parental rights? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a child with someone whom I was not married to. I am married, however, and she stayed with me through all of the hard times. We are active in our church and received marriage counseling. What I am asking for now is ,the child I am paying support on lives a long distance from me and my family....

View more questions Search