Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gp100mk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 04:45 AM
    Large, round flying insect
    I was in the Canary Islands recently and during my stay several large, round, flying insects flew into my apartment through the open window.

These can best be described as approximately 2 inches in diameter, dark coloured, and very hard. We tried to squash a couple of them and it was almost like they were armour plated! I thought a t first they could be flying cockroaches, but they were ROUND in shape.

Unfortunately I didn't get the change to take a pic. Any idea what they could have been?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 29, 2009, 04:28 PM
    Sounds like a beetle of some sort: hard-shelled, flying, large. Unfortunately I cannot find much on Beetles of the Canaries in English, although several sites say there could be as many as 4000 different species there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Strange flying insect with pic [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know what this is? I live In Ontario and just spotted this as we were walking out of Shoppers Drug Mart. Creeped

White winged flying human biting insect [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me identify insect. We were thinking it was a bird mite, but looking at the pictures, the characteristics of my insect doesn't match totally with a bird mite. It is white in coloring, has pinchers, legs and almost transparent wings. It lands and bites, it also leaves a red spot on...

What is this insect/bug? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi.. I got itching after I woke up in the morning. I found this bug near the place I sleep. Does anyone know what it is? I have never seen this kind of insect before.. its really small but I managed to take a pic from my cam! Thanks!

Insect help! [ 7 Answers ]

Why did insects never evolve (or grow) to sizes more than about 10 to 12 inches long (and, even more strictly no more than an inch or two in diameter)?

View more questions Search