Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NHJACKIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Entry For Prepaids/ Expenses In Quickbooks
    I need some elementary accounting help! I will try to explain the best I can, but if you need more info, please let me know.
    1. Health Insurance. Company pays a portion, EE's pay a portion. When the bill comes in, it is for the following month, making it a prepaid expense. (Right?) Total bill 5900.56, $3077.68 is paid by EE in the form of payroll deductions and I have the payroll company cut a check to the insurance company each week for their portion (769.42) and $2822.88 by company.
    How should I properly record when I get the bill and the adjusting entry at month end?
    rockybs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NHJACKIE
    I need some elementary accounting help! I will try to explain the best I can, but if you need more info, please let me know.
    1. Health Insurance. Company pays a portion, EE's pay a portion. When the bill comes in, it is for the following month, making it a prepaid expense. (Right?) Total bill 5900.56, $3077.68 is paid by EE in the form of payroll deductions and I have the payroll company cut a check to the insurance company each week for their portion (769.42) and $2822.88 by company.
    How should I properly record when I get the bill and the adjusting entry at month end?
    Go to your payroll setup and put it in as a deduction (nontaxed I assume) and when you run the pay liabilities you should be able to check that part and cut the check to send in. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying a bill to a vendor in quickbooks [ 4 Answers ]

How do I check off what bills are associated with a check that I wrote to vendor?

Refresher course -quickbooks [ 1 Answers ]

I need a refresher in quickbooks but I am having a difficult time finding a college community or otherwise running anytime soon. I don't have the luxury of time and the book I do have the cd won't run in my computer. Any suggestions?

Quickbooks Question [ 1 Answers ]

The company I work for has uncleared checks dating back to 1999. We want to get rid of these to have a true balance. How do I get rid of these without throwing off all of the other year balances? Is there a way to do it in 2004. I know you could do a journal entry but that wouldn't unclear the...

View more questions Search